Target Sports

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    I decided to ignore all the other stuff I have going on and finish loading all those .38 HBWCs. I've managed to shoot 200 of them before I could finish loading them but here's a stack of 800. The cool thing is they are so short they actually fit better in 9mm boxes than they do the .38 boxes. I've got some more boxes somewhere. I'll have to look again. After I finished I cleaned up the press and the dies. I'm afraid I've been spoiled by coated bullets. Those lead HBWCs are filthy. I think I'll try some more coated WCs. Acme has one with no lube groove that I've shot a few of.

On a sadder note, I lost an old friend today. My original brass-tipped Dillon primer pickup tube I got over 40 years ago with my first RL450 gave up the ghost. I think the plastic expanded. I kept having primers getting sideways in the tube and jamming things up. I ordered some of the new Dillon ones. I'm not impressed. They give you spare parts with them. That's not a good sign. Oh well. Via con dios amigo. Thanks for all the reloads.

reload.jpg

reload2.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I like those wadcutters. I have about 200 loaded rounds left, which is the last of the box I bought many moons ago.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    I like those wadcutters. I have about 200 loaded rounds left, which is the last of the box I bought many moons ago.
    I happened to run into one of the empty ammo boxes that I last used with my previous batch. It still had the label. It was dated 2017! They were the Hornady HBWCs.

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    I've been using the newer dillon pickup tubes like you just ordered for awhile. They work, but the plastic end caps do leave a bit to be desired. The plastic feed/retaining lips can be a bit finicky if they get bent on both the pick up tubes and the feed tubes for the presses. Probably why Dillon includes the spares

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    I've been using the newer dillon pickup tubes like you just ordered for awhile. They work, but the plastic end caps do leave a bit to be desired. The plastic feed/retaining lips can be a bit finicky if they get bent on both the pick up tubes and the feed tubes for the presses. Probably why Dillon includes the spares

db631127062105c7c40d7844a627d2ce.jpg

I’ve been using this versus the Dillon tubes. It works pretty well and speeds up the tedious process of picking up primers. I bought mine at Cabelas, but Amazon has them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    db631127062105c7c40d7844a627d2ce.jpg

I’ve been using this versus the Dillon tubes. It works pretty well and speeds up the tedious process of picking up primers. I bought mine at Cabelas, but Amazon has them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've seen those but I'm not in that big of a hurry. I like the break from the monotony of running the press. Hell, I still use the manual primer feed from my 450 so I guess I don't deal with change well. Or I'm cheap. Or both. I did do the frame upgrade. Not that much left of the 450. The ram, the handle. The lower piece between the swing arms. I wore out the 450 swing arms and just replaced them a couple of months ago. If the manual primer feed ever breaks they don't have parts anymore. I do have a spare from 450 #2 which I sold without a priming system after I did the frame upgrade.

I know a lot of guys buy multiple machines but I only shoot 400 rounds a month. I tend to buy 1,000 bullets and load them all. Once I get stocked up on ammo I just stop reloading for a while. I honestly don't enjoy it much but in my view it's necessary for a variety of reasons. The biggest one being continuity of supply. I've been shooting the same loads for 40+ years.

So I've got a weird looking Dillon because a lot of it is old.

500.jpg

Coon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    I finally got my act together and put the Hornady to work. I loaded about 500 .45. autos with 230 gr. FMJs over 7.4 grs. of Win. 244. Just a plinking load, but I’ve been lazy about doing it.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Sild a pair of presses to another member. Just ordered the lee 6 station progressive press, a couple shellplates, dies, and a bullet feeder. Looking to simplify my process for handgun loading while adding bullet feed and an M-die into the process.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I received the new 6 station press yesterday and set it up with the bullet feeder and case feeder. Tonight I'll give it a small run and see how it does. I gotta say I'm impressed with the bullet feeder. Very simple design bit works great so far in testing.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom