ARJ Defense ad

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Here4TheChix

All the things...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2022
    Smith County
    Finally got the temp.Cat5e drops switched over to Cat6, about a month ago, and just today sealed both walls of the Home MDF, and the Reloading Room/Computer Room,

NOW I can bring in the heavy reloading bench (old heavy plastic coated Salvation Army find) into the room, which will sit right in front of this bad boy...
    https://i.postimg.cc/j232hSzj/20240306-183914.jpg

The Dillon XL 650 has been sitting in the garage idle for about 9+ months now...
    (I HOPE I didn't loose any parts in the move... :( )

In the move I did find the old RCBS Partner press, which is will probably give to my son for his birthday this year... it's probably time, he's to be 23...

(Shuddup about the solid copper pink Cat6 riser cable DIY as a patch cable, it was $5 cheaper than all the other colors when I bought it, per 1000'. :) Us reloaders chech princes pr round, AND price per foot... ;)
    It's currently is about $7 cheaper than it was, and all the colors are the same price...
    I make my own danged patch cables for about $0.21/ft+2x$0.50 for the RJ-45 tips, yeah I got screwed on the RJ-45's at Lowes, but needed them STAT.
    :( )

Last edited:

Coon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    Finally loaded up some .300 BLK test loads with H110 and 150 gr. FMJs. Also got my RCBS Big Max press “unfroze” (It got caught in a flood in storage).

srab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2023
    San Antonio
    Finally started an initial load workup for a friend's 6.5 Grendel using 123 gr Hornady ELD-M bullets, CCI 450 primers, and increasing charges of IMR 8208 XBR.

We're using resized Hornady [Black] brass, which needed primer pocket reaming (which, as a novice to reloading this cartridge with this particular brass, I hadn't anticipated and wasn't prepared for).

Now, he and I just need to find time to get to the range and get them chronographed.
    Update: after setting CBTO to match that of factory Hornady ammunition with the ELD-M bullets (limiting factor was magazine restraints, leaving a significant jump of >110/1000s to the lands), and loading an incrementally increasing powder charge from 25.5 gr up to 28.5 gr, all shot over a chronograph, we settled on a charge of 28.2 gr (MV av 2475 fps from a Howa Mini bolt action w/ 20" bbl), which produced an 11/16" 3-shot group, and the worst 3-shot group of the bunch was right at 1".

My buddy was stoked, as shooting factory ammunition (Hornady) through this barrel, using three different bullets (ELD-M, SST, BTHP) had produced at best 1 1/2", and all the way up to almost 3".

Now I just need to load up some more to, hopefully, verify this load.

Last edited:

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Going retro! Loaded up 100 rounds of 148gr HBWCs for my late 1960's vintage Smith and Wesson Model 14. Yeah I could shoot them in a number of revolvers but the wadcutters and the K-38 Masterpiece just seem to go together. I haven't been able to get these bullets for a couple of years. I've been using cast wadcutters sometimes instead. These used to be very common but these days I find some shooters who have never seen them. Eh, it's a revolver thing....

Precision_Delta.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    These used to be very common but these days I find some shooters who have never seen them.
    I'm deliberately going light on details, so forgive me.

A few years ago, a young man at a party imbibed too much and started shooting at cars on the highway ~100 yards away. He thought it was great fun.

The host heard the shooting and immediately stopped it by taking away the .38 that the guest had found in a nightstand drawer next to a box of cartridges.

Homeowner was livid and his guest didn't understand why.

Quoth the drunk party guest: "There's no problem. I'm only shooting blanks."

Homeowner: "No, you're not."

Drunk: "Of course I am. Those are blanks. I know what blanks look like!"

He was shooting flush-seated, standard 148-grain target wadcutter ammo.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Cast about another 450 or so 9s tonight. On top of the 1k already cast and the 1700+ already powder coated, that puts me a little over 3k. Was aiming for about 3500 so I'm getting close.

Just got the 10mm mold in so I'm still gonna have to cast about 1500 of those as well... Casting is getting boring and im getting low on lead. Moonpie, bring me some ingots next time you're around my way, please.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    c68a7f925a42129d336f5fcd4fcfd7f3.jpg

Range day tomorrow, 300 round of 9 and I’m about to sit down for 200 rounds of 10mm.
    Gonna test that mck for the Glock 20 that I just got from a member here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I started load development on my new to me Vaquero Bisley in 45lc. I had a box of factory hornady 185gr ftx that shot like shit and was nowhere near POA. Since this is a fixed sight gun I thought I was screwed but 7gr of win 244 with a 250 gr fp from berrys and its hitting just a bit left but the elevation has been corrected. I am going to order some new springs but so far I love the bisley grip. Works great if you have wide hands

IMG_0273.jpeg

Top Bottom