Venture Surplus ad

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I've shot quite a few of those, myself..... my problem with them is that they are cast too hard, and are .357 in diameter, and they use a hard lube.

They lead some.

I have 3 or 4 different WC molds, and my cast ones work pretty well, with no leading. I've done lubrisizer, tumble lube, and PC.... it's a tossup between tumble lube and PC as to which I prefer..... the PC creates no smoke... the tumble lube does smoke a little bit, and the lubrisizer ones smoke quite a bit.

I have no idea how many wadcutter molds I have, but they only one I use now is this MP Mold, once in a great while I'll break out the Lyman 358425.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I pc'd about 50 wadcutters I had cast a while back.... I'm ready for zombies now...
    I haven't sized them yet.. I imagine the lube grooves will almost go away. These dropped right at .360-ish, and after pc'ing they are mic-ing at .362-ish.
    I need to squeeze them down to about .359 for optimum
    I plan to taper crimp them anyway, so crimp/lube grooves aren't necessary....
    they have little flecks of orange on some of them, because the tray I dump them into still had some residual orange on it.....
    I'm fully "Jimmy crack corn" about that.....

PC K green wadcutters.jpg

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Went and shot the 6mm creedmoor today. I had read on another forum that someone was getting great results with 115 DTACS and Superformance powder, so a few months ago I tested some loads out, and at the max charge, I put 3 right on top of each other. No pressure signs at all. Never got around to confirming the load, so I loaded 20 up early this morning and headed out. Out of the four 5 shot groups, the biggest was just under 1/2”! I know it’s a temp sensitive powder, so probably not the best combo for Houston summers, but it was about 84 today and it was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Midway was offering free haz mat so I ordered 8lbs of powder. Now if can only figure a way to get the 4831 that [mention]Austinpilot69 [/mention] has! Anyone in Houston making a round trip to Austin? Or anyone from Austin heading to Houston?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cav2108541

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2023
    Killeen, TX
    What did you do today reloading wise?

Me?
    Rolled, glued, filled, and hot lube dipped 47 paper cartridges for a .54 Sharps.
    View attachment 121123
    Resized 272 pieces of 5.7x28 brass, removed some primer pocket crimps, then popped them in the ultra-sonic cleaner for 16 minutes. New primers on Sunday (probably). Only lost two pieces due to odd case variance at the extractor groove. Probably factory defects (Federal American Eagle) wouldn't fit in the shell holder to resize them..

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Resized 272 pieces of 5.7x28 brass, removed some primer pocket crimps, then popped them in the ultra-sonic cleaner for 16 minutes. New primers on Sunday (probably). Only lost two pieces due to odd case variance at the extractor groove. Probably factory defects (Federal American Eagle) wouldn't fit in the shell holder to resize them..
    I just took out my 5.7 for the first time on Friday. That thing was flinging cases all over the place. Think I shot 60 and maybe recovered 25.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Well.... I sized/deprimed a couple hundred 38 sp cases. I case mouth expanded about 80 of them for my zombie wadcutters.

I then loaded 50 rounds of .45 Colt for my Rossi lever gun... 255 gr Lee, pc'd in Smoke's OD green. That's all the brass I had primed and ready to go.

Yesterday I loaded up 20 rounds for the AR-10... still tweaking my load. When I find it, I'll likely load up a few hundred of them.

Swedonia

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Sweetwater, TX
    Loaded some 6.5 Grendel for the Ruger American, and some .30 Remington for the old Model 8 -- these with the Lee 309-170F gas-checked bullet, powder-coated green, over AA 5744.

Swedonia

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Sweetwater, TX
    Heh, dies, brass and bullets will be here tomorrow from Graf's to load .25 Remington for another Model 8, but this one has some serious barrel issues. We'll see if she still shoots.
    P.S. Fellow boomer hatched in 1953 ...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Well, the guys who are really jealous are, probably, the ones who adopted that rimless 7 Waters cartridge (I can't remember what it was named) formed from .30 Remington for their IHMSA unlimited class pistols. It enjoyed a blip of popularity ~40-50 years ago. Now that new .30 Remington brass has become thin on the ground, they're left with interesting wall-hangers.

Top Bottom