Target Sports

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    Actually not too bad compared to buying online. Add hazmat and regular shipping and your up to $125 with tax.

Check out American Reloading in Phoenix. They have some primers in stock and include hazmat / shipping in the price. I have bought bullets and primers from them, they are not a scam.
    27aac0890312a7b097c53832df69293d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns International

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    Check out American Reloading in Phoenix. They have some primers in stock and include hazmat / shipping in the price. I have bought bullets and primers from them, they are not a scam.
    27aac0890312a7b097c53832df69293d.jpg

Agree American Reloading is a solid company. I have ordered from them many times and have an order in route from them right now.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I remember when I had to unload some rounds I made. I was a little nervous pounding a hammer looking tool using kinect energy to pull the bullet from the case.

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    I remember when I had to unload some rounds I made. I was a little nervous pounding a hammer looking tool using kinect energy to pull the bullet from the case.
    After a lifetime of reloading and having to pull ammo apart for different reasons I don't think I will ever go back to a puller like that. A press mounted puller, I use a Hornady brand puller, is fast, easy, and quiet. Along with it doesn't make a mess trying to separate the components. They cost more since you need different collects for the different calibers but are well worth it in my experience.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    A friend is converting a bunch of 308 to 8.6blk. Trying my hand at neck turning using an RCBS tool. I turned 3 cases by hand and they came out okay but I couldn't do more because my hands hurt after 3 cases. I strapped a lee case holder in my drill and tried running a few through that way and it worked great. But now it looks.like the inside of the necks are screwed up. Not sure what's going on...

Any of you guys neck turn?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    A friend is converting a bunch of 308 to 8.6blk. Trying my hand at neck turning using an RCBS tool. I turned 3 cases by hand and they came out okay but I couldn't do more because my hands hurt after 3 cases. I strapped a lee case holder in my drill and tried running a few through that way and it worked great. But now it looks.like the inside of the necks are screwed up. Not sure what's going on...

8561d3b38136a15dd58c1f949bacac90.jpg

The Hornady neck turner is what I have been using for my .22br, 6ppc, 6.5, and 30br. Makes neck turning easier and consistent. Just put in the proper mandrel, set your length, and I set the cutter with an automotive feeler gauge.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way

I have the KM setup and it works great.

Attachments

• IMG_0499.jpg
      IMG_0499.jpg
      417.1 KB · Views: 27

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Started loading process for a black power conversion wheel gun, 1858 Remington, 36 cal. Ordered the .375 healed bullets from Bear Creek. Cleaning up some once fired cases right now. Found a cowboy load with unique to start with.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Prepping some 6mm creedmoor cases, got them in the tumbler now. Gonna load them up with some H4350 and 115 grain coated DTAC’s. Leaving for South Texas early Thursday for a couple days of hunting, drinking, shooting, and telling lies! At least one day, between hunts, we all try to out shoot each other, and I’m hoping my new 6mm bullet slanger will hold its own!

Top Bottom