Capitol Armory ad

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Tumbled spent cases. A few .38s and a lot more .44s. Those were so dirty, I had to take some to the wire wheel on my bench grinder. LOL But they shined up nicely.
    Now today, once the sun warms up the shed enough, I might load up a few boxes of each caliber. Should be fun.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Loaded 12 rounds of 44.

AB711637-0837-492A-8DEF-0C077FFE2254.jpeg

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Finally got my press setup and tuned then just to have the cheap a$$ chain break for the powder drop. I did manage to get 10 45acp cast RN for testing next weekend.

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    Finished up loading 380 acp and converted the press over to 223, loaded up several hundred rounds of practice ammo. Figure I'll load up a couple hundred more and then switch to 300 Blk and load up a few to sight in my new upper and see what it likes.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Sized, trimmed & primed the 30-30 cases I tumbled a while back. It was all I could get done before I played out.

Eventually I will load these up with Leverevolution powder & the Hornady 160 gn Flextip bullet. Both rifles I have in 30-30 like the factory load so I’m hoping they will like my clone loading too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    Loaded up another 500 rounds of 223, fighting my lock-n-load the whole day. After loading tens and tens of thousands of rounds some parts have just worn out I think. After some fixing I got it running smoothly again and I have put together a parts list to order tomorrow to bring it up to snuff again. Now to decide if I should crank out some more 223 or change over to 300 Blk.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Loaded up another 500 rounds of 223, fighting my lock-n-load the whole day. After loading tens and tens of thousands of rounds some parts have just worn out I think. After some fixing I got it running smoothly again and I have put together a parts list to order tomorrow to bring it up to snuff again. Now to decide if I should crank out some more 223 or change over to 300 Blk.
    They get clogged up with grit pretty easily, especially the primer feed. Deburring some edges helps a lot.

Tearing it all the way down (like any press), cleaning, and lubing it will really help a lot.

Sounds like you've spent some time with it though so it may need some parts. Hornady will probably send what you need for free.

Love my LnL AP but it can be frustrating sometimes.

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    They get clogged up with grit pretty easily, especially the primer feed. Deburring some edges helps a lot.

Tearing it all the way down (like any press), cleaning, and lubing it will really help a lot.

Sounds like you've spent some time with it though so it may need some parts. Hornady will probably send what you need for free.

Love my LnL AP but it can be frustrating sometimes.
    Yes it was the primer feed this time, and for a while I think. Finally figured out the inner primer tube was slowly lifting up and allowing a double feed which jammed everything up. That I fixed with some locktight making it semi permanent, the shuttle has a lot of wear on it, stoned it smooth and right now everything is going good. I bought this press the year they came out, I'm slowly updating it with new parts that over the years have changed to fix issues of the original. Like you say it can be frustrating but it can crank out the ammo.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Did some pig/deer hunting with 6mm Creedmoor, 103 ELDX and RL-16. Pretty much one shot stops. They’d go about 20 yds and croke.

Also doing some load development with a new rifle Christensen Arms MPR carbon fiber 6.5 CM. It’s very light weight and has a bit more recoil than my Heavy Barrel savage. Using some 123 SST and Staball 6.5. They were pretty accurate but pressure hit fast. Also loaded some 108gr Lapua Scenars with varget. They shot very well on an ocw with a node up around 40.5 grains. Might keep messing with that. Real accurate and soft shooting.

Last edited:

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Was in town to do some pistola shooting at the fancy indoor range, so I stopped into Academy to see what they had. Went ahead and picked up 1,000 small rifle primers. Hate paying $90 a brick, but I don’t think prices are gonna come down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually not too bad compared to buying online. Add hazmat and regular shipping and your up to $125 with tax.

Top Bottom