Military Camp

What can be done to counter the so-called mass shooting epidemic?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dove_poppers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    San Antonio, Tx
    More "gun control"? Wrong answer!

Start spanking children again to correct them to make them grow up to be good? That might help a lot.

Nationwide Constitution Carry? Now, that's what I'm talking about!

Removing all the "no-gun" zones? Gunmen and armed kooks don't seem to pay the signs any mind.

I would love to hear suggestions from my fellow Americans.
    ARJ Defense ad

Reactions: Vec

dove_poppers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    San Antonio, Tx
    Those people who commit mass shootings need to be killed
    Most of them are killed, either by suicide or police....AFTER they've done serious damage already. They have no regards for their own lives and certainly don't have any regard for your life, my life or the lives of other people. The death penalty won't deter them. They seem to mostly if not all have a death wish. There has to be some source that makes these people ruthless killers. I think video games promoting violence has much to do with it.

American children brought guns to school in the 1950's! Sound shocking?

Number of American school shootings before Columbine?

ZERO

A man was talking on the radio this morning.
    The discussion was about these new-age mass shootings.

Anyway, when the man's father was a boy, the children took their shotguns to school during hunting season.

They went pheasant hunting after class. He said America was totally "one nation under God then". There was a sense of being moral, good, righteous and wholesome.

Young people, these gunmen on CNN of today, are diseased souls totally away from goodness. It's not the guns, it's the want of being well-bred. It's social decay and bad homes for children. Technology is isolating us from being human. Electronic things are a total distraction. They have gotten our better half. It's introverting our young. America is a death culture. A smartphone or an arcade game is a psychological brick wall all around people. It's a closed shell, a bubble.

The man on the radio said his public school had opening and closing prayers.

The best time to kill would-be mass shooters, stop their clocks for good, is by armed citizens, true first responders, before it's too late. Very seldom will the police even be there to stop them in time.

Last edited:

dove_poppers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    San Antonio, Tx
    All of them have serious emotional problems and people acquainted with them knew it.
    Before they can be locked up in a nuthouse, they have to be "deemed a danger to themselves or others".

Who does such deeming?

The trouble is with the law in regards to mental issues. It's really hard to get crazy people committed and off the streets these days.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    In reality, there's not much that can be done. We can't turn back time to undo the progressive culture that either turns kids into whimpering snowflakes or pushes them away to the point they lash out. The laws that come out due to this will only be feel good laws and not really solve much.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Before they can be locked up in a nuthouse, they have to be "deemed a danger to themselves or others".

Who does such deeming?

The trouble is with the law in regards to mental issues. It's really hard to get crazy people committed and off the streets these days.

No one stays locked up in a nuthouse for long unless they are f-ed up beyond functioning on the most basic level.

Most mental health hospital stays are around ten days or less.

And that won’t change. Psych hospitals are not much good for anything except adjusting meds or keeping someone temporarily safe from self harm or harming others.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Commitments are NOT for people functioning at the level that for example, the El Paso shooter was.

If someone can function at the level to where they can attend community college for any length of time, they are NOT going to be committed. Short hospital stay to solve a mental health crisis is the best you are going to get.

dove_poppers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    San Antonio, Tx
    I guess we must be prepared to launch a counterattack against mass shooters as American citizens. Have a defensive plan too. We need tactical training classes for citizens. How to react and respond to such situations. As a former army soldier, the very first tactical thing basic trained me to do was "take cover", get down whenever an immediate threat is perceived. We carried our weapons at the ready, though, port arms. We were supposed to lay down suppressive fire as we were ducking for cover if we could.

The armed citizenry of America is now at war against mass shooter forces.

A "well-regulated" militia is all the able-bodied American citizens collectively who are well supplied. "Well supplied" with adequate firepower and training. "Well-regulated" not meaning under total government control.

Last edited:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I guess we must be prepared to launch a counterattack against mass shooters as American citizens. Have a defensive plan too. We need tactical training classes for citizens. How to react and respond to such situations. As a former army soldier, the very first tactical thing basic trained me to do was "take cover", get down whenever an immediate threat is perceived. We carried our weapons at the ready, though, port arms. We were supposed to lay down suppressive fire as we were ducking for cover if we could.

The armed citizenry of America is now at war against mass shooter forces.

A "well-regulated" militia is all the able-bodied American citizens collectively who are well supplied. "Well supplied" with adequate firepower and training. "Well-regulated" not meaning under total government control.
    Suppressive fire will not end well for Joe citizen in the center of a shopping or any other public area. You own every single round that leaves your barrel.

I do wish I had a solution to the problem though . . .

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    If the oddballs were left to fend for themselves in grade school, they'd be pretty much functional by high school.
    But, they're coddled and passed along for the next set of liberals to tend to. Ultimately getting a "diploma".
    Now, they're responsible adults. Probably gonna scream in the streets when Trump gets re-elected and go on a pity party rampage.

Word of advice. Stay the **** out of my way if the prior paragraph describes you.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I guess we will have to give up more of our rights because this is just to tough to get a handle on. I'm pissed. My son was mentally ill and was fascinated by guns. We never let him ever have access to guns.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Freedom and liberty are necessarily unsafe and dangerous.

In this most recent outbreak (that’s what it is) it’s reported that in 26 of the 27 most deadly events the murderer had an absentee father.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/markmeckler/2018/02/27-deadliest-mass-shooters-26-one-thing-common/

Is that correlation? If so, it’s pretty weak, as it’s reported that 15 million American children live with their mother in a single parent family.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/25/fathers-disappear-from-households-across-america/

That’s 0.000002% of the subject population that’s committed 26 of 27 mass murders using a firearm. ETA: that means with today’s US population, there’s likely six (6) people at any given time that would be tracking to become a mass murderer.

While these events are a BFD, there has to be a balance between liberty and safety, and our constitution favors liberty, as evidenced in Bible Believers v Wayne County (6th US Circuit Court of Appeals):

“We simply cannot accept Defendants’ (Wayne County Sheriffs Office) position that they were compelled to abridge constitutional rights for the sake of public safety"

We will never be able stop these kinds of events and maintain any semblance of freedom or liberty.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I deal with these oddballs. They aren’t even allowed to defend themselves in school if bullied. That might toughen them up.

But:
    If they fight the bully, they will be placed in alternative school, cost their parents thousands of dollars in legal fees and have to interact with the legal system for years on end. The school has zero tolerance for any of that, and they also won’t do ANYtHING about the bullying. So the kids are not allowed to learn to cope in a natural way.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pericomtz
    Top Bottom