• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Other than the grammatically incorrect phrase "America just lost an historic opportunity ... ", that is an interesting article. Why is it that people like Pat B and Ron P are always labeled as wackos when they make so much sense?

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Other than the grammatically incorrect phrase "America just lost an historic opportunity ... "

I thought I was the only one who caught stuff like that.... I agree that Pat Buchanan is one of many conservatives who the mainstream media has been very effective at performing a character assassination.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Any time you hear the Polly-tic-ians talking about how they need to 'get something done', watch out. That always ends up costing a LOT of money and a loss of freedom.

TXDave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Magnolia
    I thought I was the only one who caught stuff like that.... I agree that Pat Buchanan is one of many conservatives who the mainstream media has been very effective at performing a character assassination.

But the man will still appear on MSNBC with that chris matthews creature ... go figure.

:banghead:

-Dave

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Maybe he enjoys debating with complete morons?

Or maybe he'll use any means available to get the conservative word out.

I've heard the term "an historic" before and believe it is correct. I don't like it, just think it is correct.

TXDave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Magnolia
    Or maybe he'll use any means available to get the conservative word out.

I've heard the term "an historic" before and believe it is correct. I don't like it, just think it is correct.

I suppose that makes sense - he might be trying to "wake-up" those msnbc viewers that can and need to be woken up.

-TXDave

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano

Grammatically "an historic" is correct, though it sounds wrong since none talks this way.

No and No. Don't get me started.

Edit:
    (Cut and pasted from another thread)
    A vs AN:
    If the word that follows starts with a vowel sound then you use AN otherwise it is A. The thing that trips most people up is a word like honor or hour. They don't start with a vowel, but unless you have some strange accent, the H is silent when you pronounce them. So, it is an honor and an hour.

Within the last 5-10 years, it has become more popular to use AN in front of any word starting with an H like historic. However, when you pronounce historic the H is NOT silent. So saying something like this is wrong: "The signing of today's bill represents an historic event."

Acronyms tend to get screwed up too, but the same rules apply. It is all about the next sound.

So the following are correct:
    a historic event
    an orange shirt
    an hour or two
    an NFA* item
    a SAAMI* recommended maximum pressure
    a UFO was seen

*These ones are tricky because sometimes people list the letters in an acronym like NFA that people pronounce enn eff eh, Yet sometimes people pronounce acronyms like the were words like SAAMI is usually pronounced like sammy as opposed to being spelled out like ess eh...

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    obamathedealersdemotiva.jpg

Top Bottom