Lynx Defense

What are the chances our Supreme Court strikes down the NFA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What are the chances our Supreme Court strikes down the NFA?

• Good

Votes: 1 1.8%
    • Could happen

Votes: 9 15.8%
    • Not likely

Votes: 26 45.6%
    • Not a chance in hell

Votes: 21 36.8%

• Total voters

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This will sound bad but I hope things stay the same as far as machineguns.
    I have a SUBSTANTIAL investment in them. Part of my retirement fund.
    This is not surprising. When the register was closed, the Wall Street Journal ran an article telling folks what a good investment they would be. A whole bunch of automatic weapons disappeared into safes, never to see the light of day again, so much history that would no longer be seen or used for education.

That's one of the most heartbreaking aspects of the Hughes amendment.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I have a SUBSTANTIAL investment in them. Part of my retirement fund. Perhaps 10% of my total retirement investments.

I sold my pride and joy 1921 Thompson and others when Biden was elected fearing all their talk of stacking the SCOTUS and adding DC and Puerto Rico as "states" with anti-gun senators.

Overturning the machinegun part of the NFA would devalue these guns by 90% or more.

The SBR part of the NFA act never should have been included in the first place. It was a compromise with some pistol manufacturers.

That's cute. It's unconstitutional and investments are gambles. You should have diversified. I don't give a crap about your investment. I give a crap about individual liberty =)

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    This is not surprising. When the register was closed, the Wall Street Journal ran an article telling folks what a good investment they would be. A whole bunch of automatic weapons disappeared into safes, never to see the light of day again, so much history that would no longer be seen or used for education.

ne of the reasons the NRA didn't care about it was many of the board members owned them & in great numbers. More or less insider trading.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It sounds bad because it is bad. Our individual liberties are worth far more than anyone's financial investment. If you're that worried, sell them now and invest into something else.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ne of the reasons the NRA didn't care about it was many of the board members owned them & in great numbers. More or less insider trading.
    I didn't know that but I'm not surprised. Thanks for the data point.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Kind of like how Twitter and FB were good investments when they started getting gov't money for violating 1st Amendment rights of their users....

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I have a SUBSTANTIAL investment in them. Part of my retirement fund. Perhaps 10% of my total retirement investments.

I sold my pride and joy 1921 Thompson and others when Biden was elected fearing all their talk of stacking the SCOTUS and adding DC and Puerto Rico as "states" with anti-gun senators.

Overturning the machinegun part of the NFA would devalue these guns by 90% or more.

The SBR part of the NFA act never should have been included in the first place. It was a compromise with some pistol manufacturers.
    I think that existing NFA machine guns will hold a somewhat higher value if the NFA is struck down. I think it will spur newer full autos into the market and not just older designs like MP5s and BARs. I see it as a needed step forward in gun rights. I knew that the ones not fighting for it in 86 were loaded up with machine guns and knew that their stock would be valuable in the future. The Hughes amendment was a travesty and by all accounts an illegal amendment since it wasn't officially voted on except for a shoddy voice vote. Eff the NRA for that and Eff Jerry Nadler for swinging the hammer on it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Eff the NRA for that and Eff Jerry Nadler for swinging the hammer on it.
    It was Charlie Rangel.

Rangel was acting as Chairman of the Committee of the Whole House. He hammered in the amendments, ignoring the voice votes. If he wanted an amendment in, it went in no matter what happened on the floor. That process produced the final form of the bill.

Then Tip O'Neill, as Speaker of the House, took over and there was a recorded vote for the bill as a whole.

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    It was Charlie Rangel.

Rangel was acting as Chairman of the Committee of the Whole House. He hammered in the amendments, ignoring the voice votes. If he wanted an amendment in, it went in no matter what happened on the floor. That process produced the final form of the bill.

Then Tip O'Neill, as Speaker of the House, took over and there was a recorded vote for the bill as a whole.
    Thanks for correcting me. Oh and Eff him too!

Top Bottom