• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I had looked at them but decided they were just too expensive, but then my wife bought me one for Christmas in 2011.
    I use it almost every day and 11 years later, the thing is still holding up.
    I have never had another cooler that lasted anywhere near this long.
    Use it as a cooler, a seat, a step, a saw horse, etc.
    It is just indestructible.

It is also a perfect fit between the wheel wells of the trailer I pull with my Goldwing.
    DK Firearms

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I had an Orca 55 quart cooler and then a 50 quart Pelican cooler. Both were around 25 pounds, empty. Add, ice and drinks/food, they get too heavy for an old guy to lift or carry. I do like the idea of the rotomolded cooler, though.

So, I bought a 26 quart Walmart Ozark Trail cooler at a pawn shop for $35 and another one, different color, from FB Marketplace for $30. No, they don't hold as much but, I can lift them and carry them. They meet our needs.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yep they are heavy. I bought a RTIC that I am happy with. But when I use it, I place it my ride, then add the stuff and ice. It only comes out when I empty it at home.

Last edited:
    Reactions: MTA

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    Yep they are heavy. I bought a RTIC that I am happy with. But when I use it, I place it my rude, then add the stuff and ice. It only comes out when I empty it at home.

This. I received one as a gift about 6 years ago. Doesn’t get a lot of use but works well and will keep ice from Friday morning til Sunday afternoon. Have a 165 qt igloo that is as old, gets about the same use and is in great shape as well. Don’t think I will ever spend money for one simply because I don’t see myself ever being someplace where I can’t get more ice.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom