• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I sat over a leopard bait in RSA. They used a red light, bathed it on a rheostat to bring up the light slowly. The even put a microphone @ the bait to hear them once on the bait.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    My point was that a light on your feeder is a light. It will give you one shot, maybe 2. Any light you put up they will get used to it and come to the feeder.
    Get a “light” you can track the fuckers down with.;)
    Can I get on your Christmas list? I believe that may be the only way I could get one. :)

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i wonder about having flood lights come on when the feeder activates, so they associate the light with fresh corn. put a couple on your blind as well. flip the switch and see who comes to dinner.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I sat over a leopard bait in RSA. They used a red light, bathed it on a rheostat to bring up the light slowly. The even put a microphone @ the bait to hear them once on the bait.

baboon,

I have to ask did you get the "spotted pussycat"??

Fwiw, "she who must be obeyed" has FIRMLY STATED (Perhaps it was an outright DEMAND!!) that she wants a "pretty spotted kitty pelt to drape over the couch in the den".

Fwiw, she is NOT nearly as entranced with having a Cape Buff shoulder mount on the wall. = Her comment: "They are SOOOOOOO UGLY."

yours, satx

Last edited:

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    The Li’l Squealer for $60 throws enough green light all night that anyone with a decent scope can hunt. Dim until movement, then bright. Mounts to a t-post.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    baboon,

I have to ask did you get the "spotted pussycat"??

Fwiw, "she who must be obeyed" has FIRMLY STATED (Perhaps it was an outright DEMAND!!) that she wants a "pretty spotted kitty pelt to drape over the couch in the den".

Fwiw, she is NOT nearly as entranced with having a Cape Buff shoulder mount on the wall. = Her comment: "They are SOOOOOOO UGLY."

yours, satx
    My hunting buddy got one as he had the permits. Turned out the P.H. did not have proper permits to export. The one he shot was walking down the road as he was leaving the hide. They had a problem leopard permit, so the cat stayed in RSA.

Years later the P.H. built a house. In it he had the leopard mounted lounging on a tree branch. Ones offish kids didn't clave a door tight & the baboon got in the house. When the seen the leopard the baboons had thrown their owe shit at it.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    My hunting buddy got one as he had the permits. Turned out the P.H. did not have proper permits to export. The one he shot was walking down the road as he was leaving the hide. They had a problem leopard permit, so the cat stayed in RSA.

Years later the P.H. built a house. In it he had the leopard mounted lounging on a tree branch. Ones offish kids didn't clave a door tight & the baboon got in the house. When the seen the leopard the baboons had thrown their owe shit at it.

baboon,

YEP. Baboons are quite good at throwing feces. = Ask any number of people how well that they throw even at the National Zoo.
    More than a FEW zoo visitors have been "decorated".
    (I would bet that that was a REAL MESS to clean up inside the PH's house, btw.)

ImVho, CITES is NUTS for NOT routinely issuing export permits, inasmuch as even The National Geographic Society (NO friend of hunting) says that there are MORE leopards in Africa in 2020 than there was in the year 1700.
    Further, EVERY African nation that has a LOT of leopards NEEDS the foreign hunter's money worse than they need a FEW male leopards.

About 4-5 years ago, the RSA Police had to shoot a BIG male leopard INSIDE the National Museum of Art AND in another case, the Mayor of Jo'burg had to have a "hungry visitor" shot by his bodyguards in his back garden.
    (In both cases, I understand that things quickly got "rather sporty".)

FYI, I want both a leopard & a Cape Buff before I'm just too damned old to hunt.
    (I likely have FEW more such "reasonably healthy" years.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I found a motion green light on Amazon. im using it as a silent alarm at the feeder that i can see from the porch. Since i only have one light shining on bait its not too bright. But the one shining towards the house lets you know something is back there. I guess you could set up 2 of them opposite of each other to get enough light.

Heres what the green light looks like from the porch through the woods. Its about 150 yards away.

Resized_20200928_225231.jpeg

Last edited:

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    I hunt hogs when there is some moonlight, doesn’t have to be full and partly cloudy works fine.
    I use a 308 with an old nikon 4-10, works great.

Top Bottom