• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Spent the weekend with a few other members clearing some fields of a rabbit infestation out west.

Managed to capture some video with the Xsight and put together a short compilation from Friday night. May do a longer vid including outtakes and bloopers if I get some extra time. We shot more than this the first night but it took a few rounds before I got in the habit of hitting record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

Just Geri

Well-Known
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Younggun, That was so cool! I have never seen anyone hunt rabbits at night or even recording hunting them. See, Y'all showing me how it's done elsewhere. :) Thanks for sharing.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    upload_2019-5-29_16-38-47.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-29_16-38-47.jpeg
      upload_2019-5-29_16-38-47.jpeg
      11.3 KB · Views: 349

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    I grew up in the Deaf Smith County. Back then sugar beets was a big annual crop. Jack Rabbit infestations could devastate a field in pretty short order. Farmers used to pay us from 50 cents to $1 per pair of ears. My bud and I made over $100 a night a couple times. Had no night vision. Used spot lights and .22 LR (sometimes .22 Hornet). Lots of fun and made a little gas $. Also worked on coyotes and prairie dogs for ranchers. Prairie dogs is why I bought the Hornet. Got a .257 Roberts for the coyotes. Sometimes we got hired to clear out rattlesnake dens.

Brings back memories. Where out there were you if I might ask?[/

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I grew up in the Deaf Smith County. Back then sugar beets was a big annual crop. Jack Rabbit infestations could devastate a field in pretty short order. Farmers used to pay us from 50 cents to $1 per pair of ears. My bud and I made over $100 a night a couple times. Had no night vision. Used spot lights and .22 LR (sometimes .22 Hornet). Lots of fun and made a little gas $. Also worked on coyotes and prairie dogs for ranchers. Prairie dogs is why I bought the Hornet. Got a .257 Roberts for the coyotes. Sometimes we got hired to clear out rattlesnake dens.

Brings back memories. Where out there were you if I might ask?[/

North of Kermit.

That all sounds like fun except the rattlesnake dens. I would need a flamethrower for that.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom