• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NoobShoot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2016
    San Antonio
    Went to the range today and first impression is okay. After shooting I do not like the gravity target system as I am 6' and I cant stand in the middle without hitting the wire(frustrating). Main point is I have been aiming directly in the center and I seem to be hitting about and inch or 2 to the bottom right(constantly). I am a left handed shooter and wanted some tips on what I can adjust to correct this. Thanks in advance for the tips.
    Target Sports

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Went to the range today and first impression is okay. After shooting I do not like the gravity target system as I am 6' and I cant stand in the middle without hitting the wire(frustrating). Main point is I have been aiming directly in the center and I seem to be hitting about and inch or 2 to the bottom right(constantly). I am a left handed shooter and wanted some tips on what I can adjust to correct this. Thanks in advance for the tips.

If you are a lefty and hitting low right means you are anticipating the recoil.

NoobShoot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2016
    San Antonio
    Whats the best way to test site accuracy? I am not the greatest shooter by any means so i cant tell if its me or the sights. I feel i am pulling the trigger well, but i will test again soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoobShoot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2016
    San Antonio
    Let someone else shoot it?!?!?!?!? hahaha jk I will when I go out to Bexar county this weekend of maybe at my class saturday. I would rather be wrong than go on not knowing.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Letting some body else shoot it is the quickest way to find out if it's you or the gun.
    I vote it's you, anticipating recoil, as TI noted.
    If that's NOT it, I'll buy you a soda....

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    " I got the picture down, seems like I've been wrong."later edit
    This helped me . I'm usually shooting at 2oclock. Considering we both shoot the same gun sd9ve and we're both left handed I would say it's an operator problem

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I've always wondered why, if you're consistently shooting off center for whatever reason, why not just adjust the sights (if possible) and be done with it? Most golfers who face such a problem find it's easier and safer to play to that natural tendency, rather than overhaul their swing which usually leads to more problems and frustrations.

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    I've always wondered why, if you're consistently shooting off center for whatever reason, why not just adjust the sights (if possible) and be done with it? Most golfers who face such a problem find it's easier and safer to play to that natural tendency, rather than overhaul their swing which usually leads to more problems and frustrations.
    That would fix only shooting that particular handgun better. I guess, changing weapons, the shots will again be off center.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    4565176e404fa54124310c4dfd832e9c.jpg

This helped me . I'm usually shooting at 2oclock. Considering we both shoot the same gun sd9ve and we're both left handed I would say it's an operator problem

That chart is not correct.

Not directed at you, but wish people would stop posting it.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

I would adjust the sights if the shooter cannot correct the problem. Anticipating recoil is easy to fix.

austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Lat 30.495992 / Lon -97.729223
    txinvestigator...can you direct us to a correct chart please? I have the same thing but in right hand and it mirrors the one above...its from a different site than Gun Link and was also given to me by an instructor so Id like to know whats wrong with it. No disrespect...I just want to be sure. Thanks.

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    That chart is not correct.

Not directed at you, but wish people would stop posting it.
    First time I saw this chart was at a San Antonio shooting range on one of the walls. I assumed it was there to help shooters. I'm not sure if it's exactly this, I just downloaded this thinking they all have the same info on them.

t-astragal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    College Station
    I don't get the first chart. The chart above is very accurate though. Learn to control your trigger finger, learn not to flinch, and focus on the front sight. At this point you can shoot. If the gun doesn't group in the center, change the sights. If you can't do those three things well don't worry about finger placement etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom