• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Sunday I went out to the shop to assemble my second AR10. I get the lower all pieced together. Lap the face of the upper, install the dust cover and FA. I get the barrel dimpled for the gas block screws and go to install the gas block.

NO RIFLE LENGTH GAS TUBES TO BE FOUND!!!!

I've got a fist full of gas tubes. At least 3-4 of each. But no rifle length. I used my last one on the first AR10. In my defense I rarely build anything with a rifle length gas tube. The three tubes I bought back in 2023 finally ran out.

Thankfully Primary Arms had them in stock. I ordered on Sunday, and they will be delivered today. The only thing I'm waiting on is the stock and trying to decide which optic to go on it. 20" 7.62x51 AR10. I'm thinking a 5-25 from Swampfox or Vortex, but there's this temptation to go with a SWFA fixed 10x or 12x.

I don't really need a lot of glass as the furthest I'll likely shoot is 200 yards.
    Hurley's Gold

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    A fixed 10 or 12 is iffy at anything less than 100 unless you're on a rest and even that's iffy as far as quickly getting on target. Something to think about.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I don't really need a lot of glass as the furthest I'll likely shoot is 200 yards.
    LoL, I need at least 4x to make out a 6" bulls eye at 50 yards!
    Otherwise I try to aim at the center of a 2 foot square of paper.
    Or as they say, blind in one eye,and can't see out of the other...

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2022
    Not Texas
    Not a chance in hell, unless they are 75% off.

The Venom would be as high as I go and I'd have to be high to order it.
    Sign up for announcements on the A&A Optics web page ... https://aaoptics.com/ ... Alan gets refurbished Vortex shipments in on a regular basis and the prices can't be beat. Same warranty, just a lot less cash to purchase.

Be warned that when the refurbished optics go live on the web site, they go FAST!

FWIW, there are a bunch of refurbished scope in stock at the moment, including Vipers. If you're not sure what scope you want/need ... give Alan a call and he'll walk you through it, and won't try to over sell you on a scope.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Sign up for announcements on the A&A Optics web page ... https://aaoptics.com/ ... Alan gets refurbished Vortex shipments in on a regular basis and the prices can't be beat. Same warranty, just a lot less cash to purchase.

Be warned that when the refurbished optics go live on the web site, they go FAST!

FWIW, there are a bunch of refurbished scope in stock at the moment, including Vipers. If you're not sure what scope you want/need ... give Alan a call and he'll walk you through it, and won't try to over sell you on a scope.

Thanks for the link. Those prices are pretty close to the Veteran discount prices. Europtic gives the discount and sometimes adds an additional 10-20% on to it. 60% off gets me in trouble.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The SWFA super sniper, especially in 10x is a great optic for the price. Durable, cheap, just lacks some of the bells and whistles of newer optics. I have an older tasco version that keeps on ticking and floats from gun to gun.

Vortexes are great if you want extra practice with scope mounting and removal.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Vortexes are great if you want extra practice with scope mounting and removal.
    I think you could include SIG scopes on that list.
    I'm on my second Whiskey-3. moved it to a lesser recoil rifle in order to hopefully not having to return another one.
    If it does fail again, the replacement is going on a .22 rimfire.

Top Bottom