• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    So... I had applied for my LTC on the 25th of Jun. On July 1st I get an email stating they didn't get my DD214. Well... On July first I went back in and attached another pdf copy of my DD214 and sent it. Then on July 2nd I went back in and sent it again plus I resent my LTC course info. Then I waited... So today I happened across the thread on this site about checking the status of the LTC. So I did. So I see multiple action items in various states of completion some completed some still working. Then I see the red bar:

Proof of Special Condition: NOT RECEIVED, notice sent to applicant.

Yeah... I knew what that was. They were saying they still didn't have my DD214 - that's the "special condition". Well crapo'la.

So it's 5:30pm and were talking about a government agency. I ran a google search on Texas DPS LTC hours. Well low n' behold they're pulling a 12 hour shift. 7am-7pm. Well yeah... I called. On hold about 10 minutes then a hang up. Damn-it... Call back... won't connect. Hang up, call back.... "press 1 for LTC information" #1... Hold music.... in about 10 minutes gal comes on and I explain the situation. She gets my drivers license #er and let's me know she's looking at my application. I tell her about the Proof of Special Condition not received and the fact that all-in-all I've sent it 3 times. She says she sees that they do indeed have my DD214 on file and will transfer my application to the appropriate department to complete the application proccess. "It will be 2-3 weeks for the LTC to be issued." she said.

So when I checked my application before calling I saw:

Application: Received
    Fingerprints : Under review
    Affidavits : Received
    DL or ID : Valid
    Citizenship : No documentation required
    Passport photo holder(out of state only) : under review
    Photo(out of state only) : Received
    Proof of classroom training : Received
    Proof of Special Condition : Not received, notice sent to applicant
    Fee : Received
    Background Check : Under Review
    License to Carry a Handgun : Print pending completion of application review

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I had some kind of mix-up like that too, concerning my DD-214. At one point they showed everything received and ready to go except my DD-214. So I sent in another {second} copy of my DD-214. Well, somehow that caused them to start the whole licensing process over again! Including them sending me a notice I needed to send in the fee.

I called and finally got a lady on the phone and she looked up my stuff. She came back on line after a couple of minutes saying she had gotten my application straightened out and that they had everything they needed. They had, in fact, sent my DD-214 back to the department to start my application over, from scratch. As I recall, that screw up caused (in total) an almost two week delay in me receiving the actual license.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I moved to Texas just days before the panic hit in late March. I had to wait until June to go and get my Texas driver's license. Then, the same day that I got my temporary driver's license, I started the LTC process. My LTC came in the mail 28 days after I sent all my information in.

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Not attempting to hijack the thread, but can you check the status of your RENEWAL application online?

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I sent my renewal back in April, just got the new one yesterday. I guess the covid pushed the time frame back from 6 weeks to 12 weeks.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Not attempting to hijack the thread, but can you check the status of your RENEWAL application online?

Yes, spouse submitted her renewal a week ago. Should be done in another week based on my renewal timeline back in April or May.

• Application : Received
    • Fingerprints : Received
    • Affidavits : Received
    • DL or ID : Valid
    • Citizenship : No documentation required
    • Passport Photo Holder (Out of State Only) : Received
    • Photo (Out of State Only) : Received
    • Proof of Classroom training : Received
    • Proof of Proficiency training : Received
    • Fee : Received
    • Background Check : Under review
    • License To Carry A Handgun : Print pending completion of application review

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I sent my renewal back in April, just got the new one yesterday. I guess the covid pushed the time frame back from 6 weeks to 12 weeks.
    Yes, because electrons can get the virus, too. And now you only have 99.59% of your electrons working for you.
    Think dialup modem.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Soooo.... checked my status this morning. Nothing had changed still said Proof of Special Consideration : Not received. Call LTC again. Gal said the gal that told me it would change should have known better. It wasn't going to change until today. She checked anyway and said yes they had received it and the status had indeed changed.

"OK then. Well thank you. Bye..." click buzz.

Checked the status right after that call @9am this morning. Nothing changed.
    Checked the status just now at 2:45pm. Nothing changed.

I just went through similar crap with an SBA Economic Impact Disaster Loan. They kept telling me they were changing/correcting the account number I had inadvertently sent incomplete. For two weeks they kept telling me that. Then I talked to some guy and he said "No, we can't make the changes - you have to!" 3 Days after he told me that and I made the corrections Wa'La.... money hit the business checking account. But it took two weeks and 4 different folks to get the correct information on how to correct the problem. So yeah... to say I'm doubtful might be an understatement.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Your gov’mint @ work!

My last LTC renewal (a year or two ago) went without any hitch. I think you’re allowed to send in renewal paperwork/application if you’re within three months of the LTC expiration (IIRC).

However, I had read of a few bad experiences some folks had when they sent their renewal application that early (lost paperwork, etc.). So I decided to wait until about three or four weeks beforehand. That seemed to be a “sweet spot” - at least, for me. It apparently went directly into their que, without getting lost, and was processed right away.

I think I actually got the license before they updated their online status.

Last edited:

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    LTC status won't update right away. They use a batch process to update the website so you may not see it for a little while. Checking more than once a day won't help.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Your gov’mint @ work!

My last LTC renewal (a year or two ago) went without any hitch. I think you’re allowed to send in renewal paperwork/application if you’re within three months of the LTC expiration (IIRC).

However, I had read of a few bad experiences some folks had when they sent their renewal application that early (lost paperwork, etc.). So I decided to wait until about three or four weeks beforehand. That seemed to be a “sweet spot” - at least, for me. It apparently went directly into their que, without getting lost, and was processed right away.

I think I actually got the license before they updated their online status.

I wait until the paper 30-day notice show up in the mail. Has worked out well for me so far, even when I sent in a DD214 (first time for that) Next time I renew, I’ll have to figure out if I send it in again seeing as how both my DL and LTC are already printed with it. Not like that status changes...ever.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I wait until the paper 30-day notice show up in the mail. Has worked out well for me so far...
    Funny you mention that - that’s effectively what I did (albeit, unintentionally). I had made the decision to submit my renewal and only a day or two later, the renewal notice showed up. So the timing worked out well.

I renewed my drivers license last Summer. It was one of those times you have to go “in person” to take the eye test. My DL had not had the veterans tag on it, so I submitted a copy of my DD214. The guy took it but verbally told me, he saw and could have used my LTC veterans tag to add the designation to my DL.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Makes one wonder why they can’t use the veteran tag on a drivers license, which I have, for the LTC.

Top Bottom