• ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    310lbs back in June. 237 this morning.
    I am 6'4. Doctor told me I needed to lower cholesterol. He suggested I eliminate carbs, sugar, and any food that spent time in a deep fryer. I work on an oil rig, that is 95% of the food served. I bit the bullet and did it. Also walk 3-5 miles a day on the helideck and do 300 push-ups a day as well as 200 crunches. I am currently waiting for my latest bloodwork. I suspect my cholesterol will be lower.
    If it isn't, I am going to get a bucket of Popeye's fried chicken, a quart of red beans and rice, a pecan pie with a half gallon of Amy's Ice Cream and a fifth of bourbon and imbibe until I puke.

Have not had a beer in 5 months.
    Guns International

Last edited by a moderator:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    The dude in the bottom photo is a bad mutherfukka. You better not mess with him.

Do you still drink soft drinks or only water now? Switching to plain water is a huge help.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Instead of killing yourself to lower your numbers you might see if you have the genetic possibility of having high cholesterol. I do and have to take a medication to keep it in check. I take Livalo 2mg which keeps my chol at 122 (last check) without having to watch my intake. At first I took all of the other high C meds and I had reactions to all of them. Livalo is the only one that agrees with me and the dose is extremely small. Of course I do not sit down and eat a wall of pasta but rather I eat normal.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Instead of killing yourself to lower your numbers you might see if you have the genetic possibility of having high cholesterol. I do and have to take a medication to keep it in check. I take Livalo 2mg which keeps my chol at 122 (last check) without having to watch my intake. At first I took all of the other high C meds and I had reactions to all of them. Livalo is the only one that agrees with me and the dose is extremely small. Of course I do not sit down and eat a wall of pasta but rather I eat normal.
    Not killing myself at all. Have gone from a 44 waist to a 36, energy levels are through the roof, and I feel pretty damned good to be almost 50 years old.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    good job. my weight has gone up and down since my early 20's. From 178 to 240. I'm currently at the bottom end of that range @ 178~185 and it's a struggle, gaining weight seems soooo easy. Loosing it is a bitch. My vices are carbs, fried salty foods (chips) and beer/wine. Light and lean eating with moderate exercise does the trick for me.

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    Congrats man. I know cutting sodas is a big help for sure. You just look healthier in the pictures and I'm sure you feel it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mardad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2013
    Nacogdoches
    Congratulations. It's good you started now when you're young. It gets wayyyy tougher the older you get.

"I'm not in good enough shape to exercise"- Rodney Dangerfield

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    222. That is down from 310 in June. Found another heavy picture from when I was 320. I am in the gray shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Congrats to you. I did the same on a low carb diet. But it requires a change in lifestyle for sure.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

ETA: There are Canadian Pharms that will fill this drug if your carrier starts the "Prior Approval"game and won't fill it. I have found that a 90 day supply through both my carrier and C-Pharns was the same price $125.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    It's sad you think he's killing himself, but you're the one taking the statin drug ...

Good for you, Hoji, now I see why you're so cranky all the time!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

JD9305

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Austin & Ranch in Llano
    90 lbs in 6 months is impressive. Keep up the exercising and diet its definitely not the "easy" way to do it but in my opinion the only way to do it. It takes a lifestyle change and it looks like you have made good decisions along the way. Cheers!

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Awesome! Curious how you feel with your heart? I know when I lost mine that I could do so much more and my heart wasn't pumping out of my chest.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    My one hour workout routine on the rig is walking/ jogging 3-4 miles on the helideck while listening to music. At the end of each song, I drop and do 30 push-ups. When that hour is up I do 250 crunches and then walk up and down stairs all day at work. I am up to 360 push-ups a day and am going to up it to 400 when I go back, maybe add 50 crunches.

My knees and back feel great, and I feel great in general.

Top Bottom