• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jameeson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Houston, Tx
    Anyone come across this??

I go to the range and cycle between 3 of the better known ranges in Houston. More often than not now I smell weed when I enter the check in areas or these ranges themselves, and has noticed on my last 4 trips now. Meaning that this now is apparent at 3 different ranges I frequent.

I have made remarks every time, to each range, and am met with apathetic responses. The most recent one made me laugh....after I made the the remark, of ' do you smell that?' the employee looked at me and replied; ' yessir I did smell it, but I didn't notice glassy eyes or other symptoms'.

Other range response was ' yessir, and we are keeping an eye on them'.

I usually mind my own business, and I don't care if you blaze up. But I'm surprised to see any real concern or caution from 3 of what I would call, prominent ranges in Houston.
    Target Sports

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Every once in a while we would get someone who smelled of alcohol and refuse them service to the range....

I've smelled weed on some folks but they weren't on the range....

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    If they're not inebriated from it - big meh from me. If the person smokes at home, or grows at home, that is a smell that just seeps into your pores, and like tobacco smoke or persistent BO, the users get so used to the smell that they don't smell it on themselves.

If they're bloodshot eyes / glassy eyed / just slow to react, then sure, the range should refuse to let 'em shoot but as far as chemical substances one can mess themselves up on - booze and pills are more common and generally worse for you.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Makes me thankful I belong to a club. Shooting near the general public just gives me the willies anymore.

Dropped our range membership recently for a lot of reasons, but spent some time talking to the GM before doing do. The range used to have a much smaller membership group that was much more proficient and monthly leagues and shoot/move/shoot events limited to members.

Enough new gun owner customers were willing to buy a membership so they could reserve a lane time. Needless to say enough started to show up for a league or special event and it just flat out got unsafe, so they stopped the leagues and special events. GM remarked they have enough ‘subscribers’ at $50/month that they could afford to lose the 20 or 30 ‘serious shooter’ members left.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Yup be there when they open. Stoners don’t get up early. Generally speaking.

Good thing they hire anyone at a low wage to be an rso who’s clearly going to be observant.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Some people... Just smell like that. Either because they lit up earlier, or it's just permeated every part of them and their clothes. It doesn't have to be recent.

Stoners don't tend to be into personal hygiene, and most don't realize how obvious the stench is.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Anyone come across this??

I go to the range and cycle between 3 of the better known ranges in Houston. More often than not now I smell weed when I enter the check in areas or these ranges themselves, and has noticed on my last 4 trips now. Meaning that this now is apparent at 3 different ranges I frequent.

I have made remarks every time, to each range, and am met with apathetic responses. The most recent one made me laugh....after I made the the remark, of ' do you smell that?' the employee looked at me and replied; ' yessir I did smell it, but I didn't notice glassy eyes or other symptoms'.

Other range response was ' yessir, and we are keeping an eye on them'.

I usually mind my own business, and I don't care if you blaze up. But I'm surprised to see any real concern or caution from 3 of what I would call, prominent ranges in Houston.
    Train as you fight, and fight as you train.

Top Bottom