• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hamsack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Houston
    I went to Baylor University and this is the only range I know of in the area.
    I have been there several times and for the most part it is pretty good. 3 or 4 trap/skeet houses.
    Pistol, steel targets, and rifle up to 100 yds.
    It's all outdoors. Generally reasonably priced, I never paid more than 15 bucks for anywhere from an hour to 4 hours.
    The only thing is you really need to be careful when you're out there. The first time I was there, there was no range officer. Fortunately there were only a couple other guys there so I didn't feel too unsafe. However, the last time I went there, despite there being a range officer, it was very unsafe. At one point, I was downrange on the rifle side and someone started firing their pistol! Not ok at all.The range officer ran up to the guy and stopped him, but we were still all pretty pissed.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I went to Baylor University and this is the only range I know of in the area.
    I have been there several times and for the most part it is pretty good. 3 or 4 trap/skeet houses.
    Pistol, steel targets, and rifle up to 100 yds.
    It's all outdoors. Generally reasonably priced, I never paid more than 15 bucks for anywhere from an hour to 4 hours.
    The only thing is you really need to be careful when you're out there. The first time I was there, there was no range officer. Fortunately there were only a couple other guys there so I didn't feel too unsafe. However, the last time I went there, despite there being a range officer, it was very unsafe. At one point, I was downrange on the rifle side and someone started firing their pistol! Not ok at all.The range officer ran up to the guy and stopped him, but we were still all pretty pissed.

This has happened to me a few times there and I will never go back. They are such idiots they feel it' a safe practice b/c they have a berm behind the pistol line. It's so unsafe, someone IS going to get killed out there. Sadly, there are a few people on this site who shoot there and find nothing unsafe about that practice. I'd suggest going to Hicksville in Gatesville.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I've passed by there a few times but have never stopped by. I think they have a gunshop there too. I always wanted to go there but now..... Maybe not

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've passed by there a few times but have never stopped by. I think they have a gunshop there too. I always wanted to go there but now..... Maybe not

The gun shop is in temple, good selection but high prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Same company. Troy location is their range. Temple is their store.

Like stated, good selection but the prices aren't great.

Yeah sounds like guns galore here in Killeen. Great place to window shop, but not to buy. Every once in a blue moon i see something for a decent price, but for the most part way to high.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I overplayed for a stripped lower cause I needed one and didn't want to wait. Nobody else had one except online. I'm known to do things like that and I imagine people like me help keep them going.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Guns Galore and Weber's are like Cabela's, their prices aren't great but they generally have it in stock. Being able to hold it before buying is worth a couple bucks.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yup, hoping to find a shield and a LC9 somewhere and I will probably buy from the place that has one I can hold.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I lived in the Temple area for over 30 years. If you think Weber has high prices, they were stupid high not too many years ago. Mr. Weber himself is a war hero. Captain in the Army. I think he has a flying cross and one or two silver stars. Maybe bronze. IDK. His medals are in a case just by the front door. His store use to have a cigar shop in it.

Anyway, his clients, IMHO, are the doctors of Scott and White, high end people out of Wilsonart. If you ever go into the store, notice the rifles in the case. Super high dollar stuff.

For the present people that work there, his sons are cool. Know their stuff. The older gentelman( skinny, about 6' tall, white beard) is a dick. Some younger guy and a female. Their cool also. It's just that older guy. Reminds you of a retired, pissed off, colonel or E7.

Ive bought 4 guns from Webers. Well over $5k worth of guns and stuff. Now I order everything from Budsgunshop and never look back. Not that I don't like Webers. I do. I just don't like tax.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Weber's wasn't bad until Obama got elected. Their prices skyrocketed and they never came back down. I haven't been there in a while so I don't know how they are now. I used to go there whenever I could but the price increase turned me away.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Weber's wasn't bad until Obama got elected. Their prices skyrocketed and they never came back down. I haven't been there in a while so I don't know how they are now. I used to go there whenever I could but the price increase turned me away.

Yep...

Yeah, during the clinton ban. Webers had hi cap Glock mags for $100.

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    I go to Baylor, and usually go to Chandler's out in Valley Mills, TX. However, I decided to try Weber's the other day because Google Maps said it was closer. I was shooting pistols out there, and between mags I see this man walking down the rifle range towards his target. He did not announce that he was going to check his target, or ask for a cold range. There was no range officer, and the only reason I knew not to shoot is because I looked first. I will probably go there again, but I will have to be hyper aware of people who have their head up their ass. Another downside to Weber's is that you cannot shoot at longer ranges than other pistol shooters. There are concrete sidewalks that are in rows perpendicular to the targets, which are at a fixed distance. This gets annoying when there are shooters who want to stay at 7 yards the whole time. On the other hand, the employees were friendly and I will back soon.

SouthpawARM4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Harker Heights
    I have gone to Webers Range and store. I do enjoy the selection at the store and agree prices seem very high.
    As for my Range time, it was not all I was expecting or hopping for. The Range was way over crouded, and everyone wanted to get up and close (7 Yard marker, Hand gun side) and no one wanted to shoot at a farther distance.
    As for shooting my AR15 on the rifle Range, basic sight markers for distance and only two lanes for the 100 meter target. There was a groupe there shooting as well and were makeing quite a fuss over everything. The range officer there was very blunt and not very informative on range rules or assisting people. It was a very bad day to show my Grandmother how to handle her new handgun or even break in my new rifle optics. Had to stop several times for trains passing by. That did eat into time on the range and it was very hot day. On top of all that, many of the shooters did not police there own brass in the rifle range, and people did slip from time to time. I might return again, but at this present time, I am unsure if I will.

Top Bottom