• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    This is JFK at a campaign stop in West Virginia in 1960. Notice the boy absently playing with a real gun just feet away. Times have changed.

4zBs2Lt.jpg
    DK Firearms

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ok, but to me the gun looks like a toy gun by the shape of the hammer, which appears to be the same color as the grip panels. The cylinder doesn't look like machines steel to me either.

The link only takes me to the pic and no article or anything to verify that the gun is real.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Ok, but to me the gun looks like a toy gun by the shape of the hammer, which appears to be the same color as the grip panels. The cylinder doesn't look like machines steel to me either.

The link only takes me to the pic and no article or anything to verify that the gun is real.

Even if we go with the fact that its a toy gun. Libtards today wet their pants even at the thought of it.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    So in the context of that photo and caption, what would be a synonym for "jarringly"?

amazingly
    surprisingly
    kick-in-the-nuts

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    I'd just like to point out how well dressed everyone was....this wasn't a big deal at aconvention center, JFK is standing on a chair, and it all looks rather impromptu. But outside of a couple of the kids and te fella wiht his jacket over his shoulder, no one is really slouching, almost all the shirts are tucked in, suspenders, belts, clean shaves.

I kinda miss that stuff.....

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    I Like JFK. He ordered 800 Cuban cigars just days before he implemented the embargo.... :)

That STILL peeves me off!!

Only reason that I want the trade embargo lifted.

The BS about how we don't do business with communist countries....PFFTT!! Cut off all trade with China then!!

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    That is an interesting snapshot in time.

The only people wearing hats were the black gentlemen and some ladies in the far background.

Most of the male youths were looking at the kid with the cap gun trying to dislodge a bugger in his nose.

The fellow with the jacket slung over his shoulder looks like an advance man for the campaign and does not give a damn what Kennedy has to say, since he's heard it many times before.

The only fellow with a neck tie is Kennedy, and he is standing on a five & dime step stool pulled out of a shack in the surrounding area.

Black and white photographs do a much better job of capturing the emotions of people; those people don't seem to be much impressed with a Yankee in Coal Country.

Kind of reminds me of John McCain.

I could give a hoot about what he has to say.

Top Bottom