• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    is it possible to use WC297 surplus powder for 45 acp or maybe even 40? it says its for mag loads but ive read a few posts saying that people are running it in their 45. any advice?

next, how is shipping for pats reloading. need to do another bulk order purchase and looking at a few if the shipping prices are right.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    IMO... with limited reloading experience (rifle 10 years/ pistol 3 years / shotgun reloading 4 years) I strongly suggest that you check the powder you are going to use against the load data for the bullet weight and cal. If the recipe(s) you have do not include WC297 then I would suggest that you not use it.

Now, if you can find a powder that shares the same load data in 38/357 with the WC297 and the other powder also shows up in the .45 acp or .40 recipe then logic would assume that you could in fact substitute WC297 for the other powder.

HOWEVER, you are now assuming... and we all know the problem with that.......

If it is a mater of experimentation and you are aware of any consequences and willing to take the risk, follow your own judgement. If it is about cost of this powder vs another... save up for the other powder, others have proven it to be safe. For the sake of a few dollars be safe.

Again, this is my opinion, better to be safe than sorry.

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    oh i agree with you 100% on not assuming load data. its a cheap powder and was wondering if any one had ever used it for the 40 or 45.

Top Bottom