• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    They can take that NRA Victory banner and fûck right off.

1589bb02fd342a6e71ff932e0745040c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Gun Zone Deals

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    That's what Wayne does best, taking credit where it isn't warranted.
    Quoted for motherphucking inalienable TRUTH!

Them phuckers swoop in at times and phuck shit up and/or try to claim credit just as often as they help. Its frustrating.

In this instance their lobbying did apply lots of pressure but to be fair so d ou d other orgs and millions of texans.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Quoted for motherphucking inalienable TRUTH!

Them phuckers swoop in at times and phuck shit up and/or try to claim credit just as often as they help. Its frustrating.

In this instance their lobbying did apply lots of pressure but to be fair so d ou d other orgs and millions of texans.

In all fairness - never discount the effectiveness of the NRA & their lobbyists. Goes back to a discussion I was having with someone today - discount/dislike WLP all you want, do everything in your power to oust him...but SUPPORT the NRA's core mission - because if we lose them, we're screwed. Friends of NRA and many of their other departments do a yeoman's job for the shooting sports.

Voting's coming - elect ONLY non-incumbents if you want WLP gone. If you're just gonna sit there and bitch, for the love of G*d just kindly STFU and go sit down. Can't put it any plainer than that.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    In all fairness - never discount the effectiveness of the NRA & their lobbyists. Goes back to a discussion I was having with someone today - discount/dislike WLP all you want, do everything in your power to oust him...but SUPPORT the NRA's core mission - because if we lose them, we're screwed. Friends of NRA and many of their other departments do a yeoman's job for the shooting sports.

Voting's coming - elect ONLY non-incumbents if you want WLP gone. If you're just gonna sit there and bitch, for the love of G*d just kindly STFU and go sit down. Can't put it any plainer than that.
    I heard on either Cam and Co. or Guntalk Radio that NRA-ILA is still working for 2A causes. But also heard there was zero chance of electing a board that would oust WLP.

I want to support the NRA, but they have and are a diverting millions of dollars to the cronies in charge, for legal defense.

My support all goes to SAF, FPC, and GOA these days.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I heard on either Cam and Co. or Guntalk Radio that NRA-ILA is still working for 2A causes. But also heard there was zero chance of electing a board that would oust WLP.

I want to support the NRA, but they have and are a diverting millions of dollars to the cronies in charge, for legal defense.

My support all goes to SAF, FPC, and GOA these days.

Mine goes to FNRA. As to the elections, it all depends on how many general voting members will actually send their vote in to make a change at the top.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I still support the NRA. I do not like the criminal violations of which Wayne LaPierre has been accused, not one bit but that does not mean I will not support the NRA. If proven guilty - he should resign at the very least; if not then he should be fired. Of courseif convicted of crimes then he should go to jail as would anyone depending for the same violation of which he is convicted. Note though - I said when proven and that does not mean in the kangaroo court of public opinion. The sames goes for any ethical non-criminal violations of which he stands accused.

I also donate to SAF and GOA. Lately, I have been receiving mail from Senator Ted Cruz trying apparently to get me to join and or donate to NAGR. I dropped out of that group years ago. I thought I was over & done with them but Ted Cruz has brought them back into my life via the way of the junk mail his office sends to me relative to NAGR.

As far as WLP sitting at the table with Governor Abbott of TX, who here knows for a fact, and can provide evidence to support the claim, that the NRA & WLP did little to nothing to support the bill? I'd certainly like to see that if you have it as that may affect my future contributions or cessation of them. Of course, if you want to know why he was at the table, you can read the entire article at this link or you can just skip to its last sentence because that pretty well may sum it up; however the whole article is very interesting.

By the way, by ceasing your donations to the NRA, whether because you dislike WLP or for whatever other reason, you are probably helping the state of NY in its attempt to destroy what was and maybe still is the most powerful pro-RKBA organization in the world. Mind you, that is exactly what Leticia James, the attorney general for NY, is trying to do. That most likely, by my guess, so as to gain political points in what will likely be her attempt to unseat Cuomo in the next election for governor of that state. You can probably safely bet that if she becomes governor of NY, she will later run for the presidency. I added this last paragraph for the sake of those Texans, who believe things that happen in other states do not affect us here in TX, to show you how it could effect us down the road so to speak. :flag:

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    As far as WLP sitting at the table with Governor Abbott of TX, who here knows for a fact, and can provide evidence to support the claim, that the NRA & WLP did little to nothing to support the bill? I'd certainly like to see that if you have it as that may affect my future contributions or cessation of them.

I will state for the record that the NRA was in the midst of the fight the entire session - and Tara made some key moves keeping the train on the right track. ANYONE that was watching the session knows that.

MasterJP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2021
    WA
    I think the presence of LaDouche was the p@@p on top of the cake and will stain forever the ceremony.
    It is not hard to see how the communist propaganda machine will spin this as the criminals buying laws. They should have invited someone from FPC, or from the local pro-gun organizations. The worst part is that every major anti-2A bill was approved by and written with the cooperation of the NRA. :(

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don't deny that they didn't exactly help in regards to bump-stocks, but that still isn't every anti 2A gun law though. The NRA isn't perfect, but they have done some good things.
    Well, I could go into their roll of the 1934 NFA, the 1938 GCA and the 1968 GCA, but that was before Wayne, so I don't know if that would apply to this thread.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well, I can think of the bumpstock ban.

Well....the anti's were wanting every semi-auto gun banned. NO one likes it - but as they've learned so well in the game - ask for it all and see what you can get. And note that the bumpstock ban is likely to be reversed in the courts.
    But if the NRA is so bad - and so ineffective - why haven't any of the OTHER pro-2nd groups fared any better? Could it be that they're all doing the very best that can be done given the situation?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Well....the anti's were wanting every semi-auto gun banned. NO one likes it - but as they've learned so well in the game - ask for it all and see what you can get. And note that the bumpstock ban is likely to be reversed in the courts.
    But if the NRA is so bad - and so ineffective - why haven't any of the OTHER pro-2nd groups fared any better? Could it be that they're all doing the very best that can be done given the situation?
    The SAF has done far more litigation than the NRA on gun control measures. The GOA worked far harder here in Texas to get those bills passed.

The NRA has far more resources than any other gun advocate on the planet, so that's like comparing apples to oranges.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    The SAF has done far more litigation than the NRA on gun control measures. The GOA worked far harder here in Texas to get those bills passed.

The NRA has far more resources than any other gun advocate on the planet, so that's like comparing apples to oranges.

I'll readily agree that SAF has been far more active in the courts from everything I've seen - which is one of the reasons I'm also a Life Member with them. As to GOA working harder here in Texas....well, I'm going to disagree there. Between NRA and TSRA, there were 4 lobbyists working the various legislatores - and I happen to know of some key meetings in which Tara was absolutely the key in getting things back on track.

Top Bottom