Venture Surplus ad

Was at the Alamo with my family today. Loved it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BoomBoomcookie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

IMPD2079

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2014
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Howdy folks!

Took family on a road trip from Phoenix to College Station in two days.

I made it a point to stop at the Alamo with my family and we paid for a guided tour of the grounds.

Shout out to Ed, who is a docent there. He broke down 300 years of history and the events leading up to the siege of the Alamo. My kids were fascinated and excited to learn the details as well as seeing history face to face so to speak.

Any recommended books or movies about the Alamo, Texas independence and early republic history?

They are interested in Angelina Dickinson especially.

Only down side were dumb commies shouting outside in support of the commie dictator of Bolivia whom they claimed was ousted with U.S. help. It's a free public space so whatever except for the noise.

Thanks in advance, gents!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    The best Alamo movie in my opinion is the Alamo with Billy Bob Thornton as Davy Crockett. So much more accurate then the old one with John Wayne. As for books, there are too many to name. I have many and each one is different

Absalom McCaslan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Dallas
    Howdy folks!

Took family on a road trip from Phoenix to College Station in two days.

I made it a point to stop at the Alamo with my family and we paid for a guided tour of the grounds.

Shout out to Ed, who is a docent there. He broke down 300 years of history and the events leading up to the siege of the Alamo. My kids were fascinated and excited to learn the details as well as seeing history face to face so to speak.

Any recommended books or movies about the Alamo, Texas independence and early republic history?

They are interested in Angelina Dickinson especially.

Only down side were dumb commies shouting outside in support of the commie dictator of Bolivia whom they claimed was ousted with U.S. help. It's a free public space so whatever except for the noise.

Thanks in advance, gents!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

An excellent book is 13 Days to Glory by Lon Tinkle. It's available on amazon.com

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    An excellent book is 13 Days to Glory by Lon Tinkle. It's available on amazon.com
    More than 10yrs after joining you've made one post in an "off topic" forum?

Not sure if you're going for some kind of record or extremely selective in your involvement.

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    Thank you, gents (and ladies if any posted here) for the recommendations. Reflecting on our visit to the Alamo, I'm glad we had the chance to visit this important site. Every American should spend some time here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom