• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Just a quick hello... I just now found this forum, after being on all kinds of other gun, motorcycle, cigar, knife, and Christian forums, and being a lifelong, born and raised Texan.... odd.

I suppose, better late than not at all.... we lived in Lubbock for 42 years, then moved to the metroplex, settled on the north side, in Allen. Been here for 24 years now. Yep, I'm an official "curmudgeon".

Anyway, glad to be here... lots of catching up to do.
    Texas SOT

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Just a quick hello... I just now found this forum, after being on all kinds of other gun, motorcycle, cigar, knife, and Christian forums, and being a lifelong, born and raised Texan.... odd.

I suppose, better late than not at all.... we lived in Lubbock for 42 years, then moved to the metroplex, settled on the north side, in Allen. Been here for 24 years now. Yep, I'm an official "curmudgeon".

Anyway, glad to be here... lots of catching up to do.

Hello, neighbor! Thanks for the warm greeting as everything else is pretty damn cold! :green:

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    How do

Whatcha ridin ole man?
    OLD?? Haven't you heard, the late 60's are the new 40's ? :)

I'm riding my anniversary present from my wife from almost 3 years ago.... a 2018 Road Glide Ultra... two tone red (you know, the FAST ones, lol) I traded in my 2008 Road King for it, and have been loving it. You ride? If so, what is your "scoot" ?

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Hello, neighbor! Thanks for the warm greeting as everything else is pretty damn cold! :green:
    Yes, it has been a touch on the frosty side the past week or so, hasn't it? I actually plugged in the battery tender on mine.... first time ever. I usually ride it often enough, every day, if it's not below about 37 or so, or pouring rain.... I'm about to get out on it and go pick up our supper in a few minutes, though... 65 degrees today? Texas weather....

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    OLD?? Haven't you heard, the late 60's are the new 40's ? :)

I'm riding my anniversary present from my wife from almost 3 years ago.... a 2018 Road Glide Ultra... two tone red (you know, the FAST ones, lol) I traded in my 2008 Road King for it, and have been loving it. You ride? If so, what is your "scoot" ?
    They absolutely are. And my 50s are the new 20s, it's reverse synergistic dontcha know. :green:

Wow, quite the present, you must have been a very good boy. I gotta a piece of cake . . . once :(

After a long hiatus, I bought a '09 BMW K1300GT last May and have knocked down 12.4K miles so far.

Here's the auto/moto section if you haven't already found it:

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    BMW's are amazing bikes. I haven't ridden one in a long time, but I've ridden with a few of them.... great machines. You've logged a few miles on yours... I'm averaging just under 10k per year. I don't get to take long trips as much as I'd like, and it's only 13 miles to work, so that doesn't add up terribly fast. We did get to do a week long trip over to N Carolina a couple of years ago, did the Dragon, Cherohala, Blue Ridge, and other random roads. It was a "guys only" trip with a bunch of guys I go to church with. Great times... Two of the guys that went along were on BMW's. There were 10 of us total, but the two BMW guys had to come back a couple of days early for work issues.

thanks for the heads up about the motorcycle section....

Top Bottom