• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Looking for something to do this weekend? They will be selling rides too. I’ve been watching them fly in all day. I live on the field. West Houston Airport.
    e6c660cedb2f3b0b85adf3267f7bd8ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    A very good friend was a B-17 pilot (Captain) dropping bombs on Germany in WW2.

He was shot down once, but was rescued and keep on flying to make his 35 missions.

He was (sadly, he's deceased, but lived well into his nineties) also a Jew.

Had he been captured, I can't begin to imagine the hell that would've been visited upon him.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I won a ride in a SNJ a few years ago. It was one of my life highlights.

I was in the back seat. The canopy slides over you to close. In all of the old war movies they fly with the canopies open at takeoff. I asked the pilot if I could. I am not sure but I heard him snickering over the headset.

We started the takeoff roll and when we hit around 90 mph it felt like the roots of my hair were being ripped from my head. I had to close it before we hit 100 ft of altitude.

It may have resulted in permanent hair loss, but worth every second. The pilot let me take the stick for a few minutes and I felt like the most powerful person on earth!

I can’t recommend taking one of these flights enough, if you ever get the chance.

Top Bottom