• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

They get kinda spicy with their product launch video. I'm honestly impressed that they show the real intent behind these pistols, not just as range toys. They didn't get so graphic as to show one of the female protagonists putting bullets into a badguy - there's a cut away to her practicing on the range then you cut back to a bad guy DRT at her feet. Spicier and more to the point than Glock's sillier promo videos a few years ago showing a woman backing an intruder down.

They're billing the gun as geared toward women, but I think anyone with smaller hands or maybe reduced grip strength might find the pistol worth a look. Supposedly has less muzzle flip / slide energy.

I've been very impressed by my "original" PDP (they're now on like a gen 1.5 or 2.0 depending on how you look at it - with some added upgrades and a redone slide cut now with recoil bosses) and now the F-series.

Another look, a take from a female shooter's perspective from GB Guns on EwToobz

DK Firearms

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I love my PDP. I have a compact and a fullsize and have no issues with either.
    My wife won't get on board with anything that doesn't have a manual safety on it, unfortunately. She basically just likes her Walther PK380 and my Sig P226 SAO

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I love my PDP. I have a compact and a fullsize and have no issues with either.
    My wife won't get on board with anything that doesn't have a manual safety on it, unfortunately. She basically just likes her Walther PK380 and my Sig P226 SAO

I'd kinda like to play with the 4 inch full size - not because I'm a mullet gun fan, but because if I got one, it would fit the holsters I already have and I wouldn't need to make or buy new ones. I haven't shot the full-grip guns yet, just my 4" compact frame model. I really liked the PPQ I tried years ago, but that was a rental gun. My PDP is the first Walther center-fire I've had in years, had an OG P99 in .40 back during the AWB years with its neutered 10 round mags.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Both PDPs I have are 4 inch, mostly because I just didn't see any significant benefit to the longer barrels. They both shoot really well. I have a surefire x300 on the full size with a rmr, the compact is only dressed up with an rmr. They shoot pretty much the same. Easier to do faster shooting with the fullsize with the longer grip and being able to stabilize my thumb of my offhand on the surefire.

Had a PPQ years ago in .40. great firearm, kind of regret selling it, but not because .40. I'd be happy to own another, really in .40 or 9mm.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'm feeling a little bit of "grip zone" here...

Far superior ergos, without the need to scrawl something all across the actual gripping zone. They got the texture just right on the PDP - sticks to the hand like velcro, but does *not* grab the shirt. Can't say that about the M&P 2.0 texture - I like how it sticks to the hand, did not love how it grabbed fabric.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I'm feeling a little bit of "grip zone" here...
    Definitely not a weird gimmicky firearm. There's nothing particularly special about them other than a fairly good trigger for a striker fire pistol. They're just decent plastic fantastic pistols. Plenty of good choices out there though.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    We just got one of the PDP "F"s at the shop I work at. It does seem a little thick on the slide, but does give you a little more area to grip the slide VS a thinner slide. I have medium sized hands & found the ergonomics & the grip are pretty comfortable. I didn't have no issue over reaching the trigger since the "F" has a shorter reach. The trigger is pretty close to a PPQ. I think it's a nice gun for the price range & even has the MOS cut out for under $650. I'd be half tempted to get one for my wife but she really likes single action triggers. I recently picked up a Canik TP9SF ELITE that she hasn't shot yet.... maybe she'll like the striker fired trigger & she might be able to be converted.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    We just got one of the PDP "F"s at the shop I work at. It does seem a little thick on the slide, but does give you a little more area to grip the slide VS a thinner slide. I have medium sized hands & found the ergonomics & the grip are pretty comfortable. I didn't have no issue over reaching the trigger since the "F" has a shorter reach. The trigger is pretty close to a PPQ. I think it's a nice gun for the price range & even has the MOS cut out for under $650. I'd be half tempted to get one for my wife but she really likes single action triggers. I recently picked up a Canik TP9SF ELITE that she hasn't shot yet.... maybe she'll like the striker fired trigger & she might be able to be converted.

Cool thing with the PDP - if you have a PPQ and prefer the thinner slide - the PPQ slides swap with PDP frames. If running an optic isn't a big deal, or if you have an optic cut PPQ slide and just prefer the thinner slide - you can have the texture of the PDP frame with the thinner PPQ slide and make a nice carry gun, if you find the PDP slide too chunky.

alouisf02

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2021
    Tomball
    Been carrying my PDP 4" full size for a few weeks now. I'm really happy with it. Interesting to see this F series, wonder if my wife would like it over a regular PDP.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    My wife permanently borrowed my PPQ M2 a while back, but fights with the slide. We picked up the PDP-F and while we still need to get it to the range, she has a much easier time manipulating the slide.

I prefer the the PPQ trigger over the PDP, but the deeper serrations and squared off shape of the PDP slide are better than the PPQ.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I'd like to get a PDP-F for my wife but she's very set on having a thumb safety. She carries a PK380. If she's comfortable and happy with it, it's better than nothing.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom