• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cityboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Fredericksburg, TX
    I was dryfiring my Walther CCP M2 9MM today with snap-caps and when I racked the slide on the 6th round, the gun would not "fire," so I tried to rack the slide and remove the "bad" round, but the slide would not move. I slid the button on the back over and popped the retaining piece out, but the slide would still not move. So I called Walther and the service rep told me I would either just have to keep trying to get the slide to move or send it back to Walther for them to fix. He also told me that I should not fire the gun, even with snap-caps.

Is there any other semi-auto that should not be dryfired, even with snap-caps?

Also, when I fill the magazine with either live ammo or snap-caps, insert it into the gun, then rack the slide to chamber the first round, then try to drop the magazine, it only comes out about 1/4" and I have to pull it the rest of the way out. The problem appears to be that when I rack the first round, it also pulls the second round about 3/16" forward and it hangs up on the magazine well when I try to drop it. However, if I drop the magazine before chambering a round, or if I fire all the rounds in the magazine, it drops out quite easily. The Walther rep told me that the second round moving forward a little is normal, as this facilitates its loading into the chamber.

I dunno, sounds kinda fishy to me. Do other semi-autos do this?

Thanks for any input,

Cityboy
    Guns International

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    As for magazine issues I dare say that’s kind of normal but it depends on each case. Walther never really had high qc in my book. I’m sure I’ll get some replies that say otherwise but just my opinion. Try another brand of mag or buy another oem mag. just don’t get a pro mag lol.

My feedback on your snapcap issue is limited. I know some guns extractors don’t like em. For example my Glock 17 doesn’t care but when I had c75’s they hated em. Both have good reputations. What area are you in?

Cityboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Fredericksburg, TX
    As for magazine issues I dare say that’s kind of normal but it depends on each case. Walther never really had high qc in my book. I’m sure I’ll get some replies that say otherwise but just my opinion. Try another brand of mag or buy another oem mag. just don’t get a pro mag lol.

My feedback on your snapcap issue is limited. I know some guns extractors don’t like em. For example my Glock 17 doesn’t care but when I had c75’s they hated em. Both have good reputations. What area are you in?
    Sam7sf:

I have 4 magazines, all OEM and they all do it.

I live in Fredericksburg.

Thanks for your input,

Cityboy

Top Bottom