• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My local WalMart has put the sports counter with knives and optics back. Put out a small amount of ammo ( mainly .22lr). No firearms whatsoever.
    The WalMart in Palestine did away with the ammo last year. All they have left is a little bit of shotgun ammo. Still have the counter in the back with the knives and optics as well.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Ours stopped selling guns years ago........some ammo/optics/knives along with the sporting goods....

Believe me, Wal-Mart managers did not like dealing with the ATF, nor did Wal-Mart employees ever do a good job of record keeping............

gasgas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    S Texas
    Just remodeled in Gonzales, and quite a few rifles and shotguns
    With a fair amount of Ammo
    Academy is well stocked on common ammo

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    After 19 1/2 years at the Sporting Goods counter, I am glad I retired when I did 3 years ago. It sure has turned into a shit show. I would not want to be a responsible person there now.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    The Uvalde Walmart still has two rotating gun cases, but they are mostly empty; just a very few rifles and shotguns. They have one case they keep some space in for ammo, but I haven't seen any in them for a couple of years, not even any shotshells... They tell me they receive a little ammo occasionally, but it sells immediately.

There really aren't many options for guns and ammo in Uvalde, with Oasis Outback really the only one with good stock, but at high prices.

My trips to Uvalde are usually high speed, hit Walmart and HEB, maybe Ace Hardware or MG, and get out of there... So, there may be options I don't even know about.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I have yet to see a Walmart that sells guns.
    The one by me lately has had boxes of 325 rounds Federal Automatch, shotgun shells, and 350 Legend. Matter of fact, they took down the 3-box limit sign a few weeks ago, and I picked up 6 boxes of .22lr.
    Went last week and they had about 15 boxes but they couldn't find anyone with a key to the case.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    I have yet to see a Walmart that sells guns.
    The one by me lately has had boxes of 325 rounds Federal Automatch, shotgun shells, and 350 Legend. Matter of fact, they took down the 3-box limit sign a few weeks ago, and I picked up 6 boxes of .22lr.
    Went last week and they had about 15 boxes but they couldn't find anyone with a key to the case.
    I'm less than an hour away. Come see our lever rifles, bolt rifles, and shot guns. Handguns left the building many moons ago. Get some 22LR or even 22WMR at a decent price while you're here. We probably still have the original 350 LEGEND ammo that was ordered when it was introduced and usually have .308 WIN and .223 REM in stock too.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Mine has shotgun shells and 22lr then BBs & pellets. I haven't paid much attention since they haven't been a go-to store for ammo. Last time I bought a firearm from Walmart was the late 1980s when they were shutting down the Walmart in Allen due to Walmart seeing no growth for Allen. Picked up a 357 for just over $100 on closeout.

I will correct myself. I did buy a salt gun at Walmart 2 weeks ago. It's held up well and I've killed over 100 flies.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Been a few months since I've looked, but the WalMart in Kaufman has guns. As does the one in Gun Barrel City, although their rotating displays are about half empty right now. Pretty sure the WalMart down in Waco has guns as well, and the one in Corsicana. It's actually unusual to find one without guns - they're usually in the middle of a large city, particularly in sketchy neighborhoods.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Been a few months since I've looked, but the WalMart in Kaufman has guns. As does the one in Gun Barrel City, although their rotating displays are about half empty right now. Pretty sure the WalMart down in Waco has guns as well, and the one in Corsicana. It's actually unusual to find one without guns - they're usually in the middle of a large city, particularly in sketchy neighborhoods.
    The WalMart in Palestine removed all of their guns in the last two years or so. All ammo is gone too. Last time we were in WalMart, they had just a few stray boxes of some assorted shotgun shells.

Top Bottom