• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Was in the Bastrop area for a couple weeks for work last month. Ran to the Walmart in Elgin and heard over the PA that someone was needed for a gun sale in sporting goods. Went to look for myself and sure enough they have a small gun cabinet. Had a few shotguns and bolt rifles in it.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    N Garland store has a ton of ammo. Most hunting calibers from 243, 30-30 to 7Mag.

Lots of 22 at good prices. Sparse shotgun shells. Bought a couple boxes of 20g.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Walmart ammo shelves are pretty full

And if you shoot 20 guage, they have Win Super Target for $3.95 / box. I just bought 150 rounds for $25.66.

N Garland store has no more.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Walmart ammo shelves are pretty full

And if you shoot 20 guage, they have Win Super Target for $3.95 / box. I just bought 150 rounds for $25.66.

N Garland store has no more.
    The one by me for the past 3 months always has LOTS of .22lr bricks.
    And it looks like they removed the 3-box limit as well since the sign is gone.

Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    You guys ought to go to Academy Sports... lots and lots of ammo... all high priced. SOMETIMES they have primers but at $10-$11 a hundred (thank goodness I have thousands left from my IDPA/IPSC days!)

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    You guys ought to go to Academy Sports... lots and lots of ammo... all high priced. SOMETIMES they have primers but at $10-$11 a hundred (thank goodness I have thousands left from my IDPA/IPSC days!)

The shells I just bought for $3.95 are $10 at Academy.

$100 for a case. Walmart case is $34.95.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The one by me for the past 3 months always has LOTS of .22lr bricks.
    And it looks like they removed the 3-box limit as well since the sign is gone.

I’m flush up on 22LR. But I bought a 20g shotgun for my girls to shoot recently. So I’ve had my eyes peeled for 20g Target shells.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to my local Walmart in Grand Prairie this morning. Went past the ammo section first to see about getting some .22lr if someone with the magical key was in the area.
    There was no ammo. Zero, zilch, nada, NOTHING... Not a single round of anything at all.
    What the hell is going on?
    View attachment 215694
    >
    W M sets store policies by city or neighborhood. Sometimes those policies change rapidly. One Texas W M we frequent has very variable situations. A while bak they announced “no guns” only to have lots of guns very soon. Their clerks seem to be Academy rejects, as they never have a clue, or a key !

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    >
    W M sets store policies by city or neighborhood. Sometimes those policies change rapidly. One Texas W M we frequent has very variable situations. A while bak they announced “no guns” only to have lots of guns very soon. Their clerks seem to be Academy rejects, as they never have a clue, or a key !
    They'd only lose it! Went to WM for a propane exchange where you pay in Returns then some old guy in garden center has the key. He was off that day. Garden center sent me back to Returns who sent me back to garden center. 3 guys and 15 minutes later, they found the key for the cage.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Had a long drive yesterday so I stopped by 4 Walmarts. It appears the $4 shells are an anomaly. They were priced at 9.47 at every store I stopped at.

Last edited:
    Reactions: gll

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    They'd only lose it! Went to WM for a propane exchange where you pay in Returns then some old guy in garden center has the key. He was off that day. Garden center sent me back to Returns who sent me back to garden center. 3 guys and 15 minutes later, they found the key for the cage.
    The last few times I went to WM I gave up and left before anyone could get a key to the ammo cabinet. If I don't get ammo at WM, there is no reason to go there.

Top Bottom