• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I went to my local Walmart in Grand Prairie this morning. Went past the ammo section first to see about getting some .22lr if someone with the magical key was in the area.
    There was no ammo. Zero, zilch, nada, NOTHING... Not a single round of anything at all.
    What the hell is going on?
    Walmart-ammo.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

Attachments

• Walmart-ammo.jpg
      Walmart-ammo.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 310

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Walmart doesn't stock pistol or "short barrel rifle ammo" (whatever the hell that is) anymore. I'm sure their supply chains have deemphasized stocking ammo as a whole with the Rona Luau ongoing.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Went to Acedemy today and they were pretty wiped out, but looked more like people were preparing to deal with possible rioting idiots.

Plenty of .22 mag on the shelf though. Crazy how that cartridge had fallen off in popularity from when I was a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Plenty of .22 mag on the shelf though. Crazy how that cartridge had fallen off in popularity from when I was a kid.

I noticed that at my local Academy as well. They had tons of Sig 10mm, .22 Mag and 5.45x39. I might need to get something in .22 Mag.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Went to Acedemy today and they were pretty wiped out, but looked more like people were preparing to deal with possible rioting idiots.

It sure is expensive though.....for rimfire.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

I went to academy today too. They were pretty low. Four boxes of 200 round 5.56 left, and I got one.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    The local Wally World here in the big town has removed all ammo, guns and knives. I asked what is going on and the reply was "This is due to the rioting" My response "In Fredericksburg?" "No sir in San Antonio and other cities, so corporate told all stores to pull the stuff, we can go get some for you." No thanks says I , as it would be at least a half hour wait and they would bring the incorrect ammo.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    My local Walmart is only open from 6AM until 12 these days... pretty weird. Hard to get fresh food going home from work now.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    2012/ Sandy Hook bullshit should have taught you all a lesson to never get low again.
    Never count on anything being at the store when you need it.

Never said I was low. Don’t think anyone else mentioned it either.

But I never go to a store that sells ammo without seeing what’s on the shelf.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Over the last several months of the few times of going to WalMart, many of the popular centerfire hunting calibers were in stock, but 22 ammo was long gone! I did snag a few boxes of decently priced Estate brand 12ga. ammo though.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I would ask what's wrong with you folks that weren't stocked up long before the riots began, but there's a news article a day or two old that says first time buyers bought over a million guns during the virus scare. (Presumably they were afraid someone would break in and steal the garage full of toilet paper they were hoarding.) I'm sure those folks are contributing to the local shortages.

Walmart dropping pistol ammo is a serious blow aimed directly at firearms owners. Since the left can't get guns banned outright, they're working to take away the number of sources of guns and ammo. Gun stores are having trouble getting financing for building inventory. Walmart was a great source for low-price target ammo. With it gone, only more expensive choices remain, and the left will keep chipping away at them. The fewer resources we have, the easier it will be for them to kill them off when they finally get control of Congress and the White House.

Those ruthless bastards are willing to trash the American economy to help them gain power. Don't put anything past them.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Gun stores are pretty low margin on most things and with the amount of capital needed for small returns I’m not really surprised loans are hard to come by.

And again, who said anything about being low on ammo?

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I try to keep a couple thousand rounds on hand and replenish it as I use it. Have some 45 ACP on order since May 25th, and they keep pushing back the shipping date. It's now out to June 12-22. I gave up on trying to buy ammo at Walmart. Never anybody there to open the glass case. Nothing in the glass case I wanted anyway. They don't even sell pistol ammo, which apparently includes .223 and 22lr.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    I ordered from sgammo.com last week and had it in 4 days; Brownells in 5 days. Target Sports USA took 6 days to ship, and hasn't arrived yet.

Top Bottom