• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Coming to North San Antonio on this upcoming monday for a few days. I am looking to buy a quality AK variant.

Does anyone know of any shops around SA that stock AK's that aren't century arms type garbage? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Gun Zone Deals

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Idk what aks they have but I usually go to Armed in America in bulverde, Buck and does, and my favorite is Adelbridge. Adelbridge has a website with all of their guns. They update it daily or more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Idk what aks they have but I usually go to Armed in America in bulverde, Buck and does, and my favorite is Adelbridge. Adelbridge has a website with all of their guns. They update it daily or more.

Adelbridge has some in stock. Thanks for the recommendation. Do you know if their prices are set in stone? They have a VEPR super in .308 according to their website and that is what I am looking for

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Adelbridge is a good shop. You can always see if they’ll negotiate; they do a ton of used business, but I’ve only dealt with them on 1911s, which they weren’t really moving on price with.

They are a bit of a drive from where I think you’ll be at.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Adelbridge is a good shop. You can always see if they’ll negotiate; they do a ton of used business, but I’ve only dealt with them on 1911s, which they weren’t really moving on price with.

They are a bit of a drive from where I think you’ll be at.
    Looks like they are about 15 minutes from my hotel. I might bring some firearms to trade in then if they deal with used guns. Trying to cut down on what I have and replace it with a vepr or another ak in a large caliber

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Adelbridge has some in stock. Thanks for the recommendation. Do you know if their prices are set in stone? They have a VEPR super in .308 according to their website and that is what I am looking for
    If you have proof of a better price they will come down. They do entertain lower offers. I'm not really a haggler

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Looks like they are about 15 minutes from my hotel. I might bring some firearms to trade in then if they deal with used guns. Trying to cut down on what I have and replace it with a vepr or another ak in a large caliber
    Soooooooo what are you looking to get rid of?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Adelbridge is about your best (and only) bet when it comes to AKs in SA...

Maybe Dury's, but Nagel's will be overpriced if they even have anything, and the Powderhorn usually only has Century-made AKs. Hopefully that's not what you'll be looking for!

Sons of Liberty Gun Works tends to be more AR focused.

Honestly, Elite Guns in Austin is the best AK shop I've found in the area!

Good luck!

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Pretty sure 10 West has an AK or two on the wall but I don't think they are .308.

The Gun Shack in Helotes may have a coupla 7.62x39 on the shelf.

I bet Nardis had some AKs & maybe Ranger.

We don't have an AK shop I know of.

Fun Guns in Waco used to have several AKs on the shelf.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Adelbridge is about your best (and only) bet when it comes to AKs in SA...

Maybe Dury's, but Nagel's will be overpriced if they even have anything, and the Powderhorn usually only has Century-made AKs. Hopefully that's not what you'll be looking for!

Sons of Liberty Gun Works tends to be more AR focused.

Honestly, Elite Guns in Austin is the best AK shop I've found in the area!

Good luck!

I usually take 281 down but I might just go down 35, especially after looking at the ak wall on Elite Guns website. Holy crap

Pretty sure 10 West has an AK or two on the wall but I don't think they are .308.

The Gun Shack in Helotes may have a coupla 7.62x39 on the shelf.

I bet Nardis had some AKs & maybe Ranger.

We don't have an AK shop I know of.

Fun Guns in Waco used to have several AKs on the shelf.

Good to know. I will be in SA for an extra day so I will probably just go to as many as I can

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Well gentlemen, I was on texas gun trader last night and found the exact vepr I was hunting for. Brand new, threaded 20.5 barrel in .308. Got it this evening. The hunt is over

6C84D61F-F262-4383-9281-9CDADA23FFE1.jpeg

Attachments

• 6C84D61F-F262-4383-9281-9CDADA23FFE1.jpeg
      6C84D61F-F262-4383-9281-9CDADA23FFE1.jpeg
      2.4 MB · Views: 393

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I've have wanted an ak rifle for quite some time now. I just cant seem to figure out what I want. I am confused at all the different types from different countries etc. I hope the one you got is a good one and suits your needs. I will be waiting on a review/range report.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I've have wanted an ak rifle for quite some time now. I just cant seem to figure out what I want. I am confused at all the different types from different countries etc. I hope the one you got is a good one and suits your needs. I will be waiting on a review/range report.

Ive owned a quite a few variants in the past. My preference is for the VEPRs which are Russian and have a RPK receiver. If you wanted an AKM, Arsenal makes good stuff too. I have owned a SLR107(7.62x39) and SLR106(5.56) in the past and they were outstanding.

I will be sure to let you know how it does once I get back from SA and get to the range

Top Bottom