• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Assistance needed.

I’m looking for a simple modern front-&-rear dash traffic recorder for our SUV’s.

Devices & their sites are everywhere, but the tech gobblydegook connfuses this old guy.

I’m seeking a place where I can find expertise, simple explanations, help; and, which would sell & install the device.

Does anyone here know of such a place from Orange to Houston near IH10 or US59 South ?

Merci,
    leVieux
    Military Camp

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Nexar, has both single direction and front / rear models easy to mount/ setup and operate. I've gotten them off of Amazon for my self and family members. A must have for Houston area traffic.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    My niece in Ohio sells a 360 degree outside recording loop, with an inside option as well as others. She sells into the larger transport companies. I can check and see who her local counterpart might be if your interested. These are not cheap systems!

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I have one by Spy-Tech. Works well enough. I actually captured a coworker a few years ago leaving work. Bicyclist was riding down the sidewalk and coworker didn’t see him and hit him while pulling out into the street. Knocked the guy off the bike, but no injuries because he was just pulling out and was maybe 2mph if that. Something was not right with the cyclist because he hopped on his bike and hauled ass out of there. Shady looking character. Anyways, I did the noble thing and shared the video with the rest of the office. He never lived that one down...

I did learn that other than the novelty of catching weird crap on the cam, it does no good if you are protecting yourself in an accident situation. I was involved in a hit and run last year during the freeze. Double turn lane, and the car next to me thought it should be a triple turn lane and his car kissed the front of my truck. He ran, I chased him down and he pulled over in a parking lot. I was at his door talking to the cops on the phone when he took off again. Cops showed up and I offered the camera drive showing everything. Cops declined and said investigator will contact me if they need it. Never heard back on any of it.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I did learn that other than the novelty of catching weird crap on the cam, it does no good if you are protecting yourself in an accident situation. I was involved in a hit and run last year during the freeze. Double turn lane, and the car next to me thought it should be a triple turn lane and his car kissed the front of my truck. He ran, I chased him down and he pulled over in a parking lot. I was at his door talking to the cops on the phone when he took off again. Cops showed up and I offered the camera drive showing everything. Cops declined and said investigator will contact me if they need it. Never heard back on any of it.
    My own experience with hit and run the cops didn't do anything either, however my insurance company was very appreciative of the video I provided them. They waived my deductible so I was made as whole as I could be, and said they were going to sue her. I don't know if they actually got a judgement against her or not, but that made me happy :laughing:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Can't help with installs I will recommend a blackview camera though mine has survived 4 TX summers and is still working perfectly

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    leVieux please post on what you find or get. I have an issue with local PD and SHerriff's dept and would like something recording when they pull me over. So far I have been able to get the body footage but it's hit or miss on which shithead has the body camera on.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My niece in Ohio sells a 360 degree outside recording loop, with an inside option as well as others. She sells into the larger transport companies. I can check and see who her local counterpart might be if your interested. These are not cheap systems!
    After seeing recent vicious driving “attacks” on other innocent drivers, I think cameras have a MUST in our declining civility.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Here's a fairly lengthy thread I posted a couple of years ago that has some decent info in it:

Top Bottom