• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Depends upon what you mean by "getting into"
    I used Vegas Pro in the studio, but it's pricey and for the pro market.

For making stuff for youtube as a consumer, I've been using a program called VideoPad that works pretty well. I bought it after using the free version for a while.

Lots of choices out there.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Looking to get into some video editing. Looking for the best "user friendly" software. My wife has a program on her PC that came with her photoshop. She was playing around with it last night, but said it felt clunky.

Anybody got any recommendations?
    It's hard to beat iMovie for easy stuff.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Anyone else remember Windows Movie Maker? It came free with versions of the OS for a while. It was pretty capable and actually had a lot of features. I would still used that if it were still included...

Not sure if the 640x480 resolution is gonna look all that good compared to modern standards...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    You can do rudimentary editing with QuickTime Pro (Win10 or IOS).

I learned on Pinnacle Studio, very full featured (Windows) easy to use, before graduating to Final Cut.

If you have Adobe products, Premiere Pro is a advanced editor like Final Cut.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It depends on how much time you have.

I use Sony Movie studio Platinum. (Less features than Vegas Pro but way more than the free stuff).

I used my work computer with no high end video card. Just an I-5 processor and a good amount of memory and decent ram.

To speed up editing I could work with a lower quality clone of the video. When I was done working all changed I made were applied to the original quality clips and saved at the quality I chose.

I could do 1080p without needing to use the clones. I did have to use the clone clips for 2.7k vids though which is the highest quality I could record. Saving the vids was also pretty slow at that quality, even if I saved at 1080p. Standard 1080p vids would take a little bit to save, but it wasn’t an all day ordeal and if it was going to take a while for a longer vid I just let it work while I did something else.

All that said, a $1500 gaming computer is the ideal way to go. I’m used to just working with what I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom