Guns International

ViaSat Satellite Internet Service.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    I've had Viasat for 2 years now, I'm happy with it. We have no problems simultaneously streaming on 2 TV's. It does cut out if it's raining though. Here's what sucks about it, I have one of the top plans so I pay $175 a month.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Can’t wait for your feedback.
    When it arrives, I plan on doing a pretty in-depth review, of the unit as to ease of use and hook-up.

They give a 14 day 100% refund on the unit, so at about 12 days, I plan on doing a more in-depth review and whether it is worth keeping, or sending back for a refund.

So stay tuned to this Bat Channel!

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    We'll find out in a day or two. I'm going to do two reviews. One when I receive it and hook it up and how well it works, and another after about 12 days, to see if it's all it's said to be and whether I'm keeping it, or sending it back for a full refund before the 14 days is up.
    Awesome!! I look forward to your review!!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    HomeFi was delivered. Came already activated. Unboxing:

Device is very small. Not much larger than a pack of cigarettes. Has an internal battery, and uses a small USB cord to charge the battery.

Set-up: Very simple. Just power on the device, and it automatically searches for a signal in less than five minutes. The SSID and password are on the bottom of the device. I inputted them into my Roku, laptop and phone very easily.

So far, it does seem to be working. These last posts have been while on the HomeFi device instead of the HughesNet.

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    HomeFi was delivered. Came already activated. Unboxing:

Device is very small. Not much larger than a pack of cigarettes. Has an internal battery, and uses a small USB cord to charge the battery.

Set-up: Very simple. Just power on the device, and it automatically searches for a signal in less than five minutes. The SSID and password are on the bottom of the device. I inputted them into my Roku, laptop and phone very easily.

So far, it does seem to be working. These last posts have been while on the HomeFi device instead of the HughesNet.
    what is the cost per month? is there a data cap?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    what is the cost per month? is there a data cap?
    We got the 200 gb per month, for $80 a month. In comparison. we are paying about $85 a month for 20 gb from HughesNet.

On HughesNet, if I increased to 30 gb, the HomeFi is still cheaper and I would increase to 300 gb.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    If you stream TV and are running up against the data cap, consider manually lowering the output resolution of your streaming device

720p is still HD and at a decent viewing distance, will still look great.

Or even lower it to DVD-standard 480p…it just won’t look that great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    If you stream TV and are running up against the data cap, consider manually lowering the output resolution of your streaming device

720p is still HD and at a decent viewing distance, will still look great.

Or even lower it to DVD-standard 480p…it just won’t look that great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I had already done that some months ago at the suggestion of another member, and hence the reason for this thread when I started it.

Yes, it helped a little, but even that wasn't making up for crappy service. Plus with looking at the ViaSat originally, over the HughesNet, it would have doubled the gb at about the same price per month.

This HomeFi gives us ten times more gb per month. for less than we were paying per month to HughesNet.

Top Bottom