Target Sports

ViaSat Satellite Internet Service.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Any idea what they are lying for those speeds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you meant paying, about $90/month.

Right now you need to have a fixed antenna.

As more birds are launched, they’re supposed to have a mobile service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you meant paying, about $90/month.

Right now you need to have a fixed antenna.

As more birds are launched, they’re supposed to have a mobile service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow, that’s really good. Currently paying $135 for 35mbps using LoS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Wife was talking with an older guy earlier this evening at work. And the subject of satellite internet came up. He too had HughesNet and ViaSat in the past, but this year switched to HomeFi Internet.

Anyone know anything good or bad about them and their service? The plan I'm looking at is 200 Gb for $80 a month. Which is less than we are paying now and ten times more data a month. I can get 300 Gb a month for about what we are paying for with HughesNet.

Texas_Lone_Ranger

Frontier Battalion
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'
    Wife was talking with an older guy earlier this evening at work. And the subject of satellite internet came up. He too had HughesNet and ViaSat in the past, but this year switched to HomeFi Internet.

Anyone know anything good or bad about them and their service? The plan I'm looking at is 200 Gb for $80 a month. Which is less than we are paying now and ten times more data a month. I can get 300 Gb a month for about what we are paying for with HughesNet.

4g is faster up and down, more reliable and cheaper imo.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Verizon Jetpack 4G is $110 for 150Gb/mo

They have a 5G device but coverage is spotty out here

Have to buy the Jetpack to prepay or sign a contract.

It's pretty fast but occasionally flaky. Add a mimo antenna for better signal, has two ports (TS-9)

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    4g is faster up and down, more reliable and cheaper imo.

Verizon Jetpack 4G is $110 for 150Gb/mo

They have a 5G device but coverage is spotty out here

Have to buy the Jetpack to prepay or sign a contract.

It's pretty fast but occasionally flaky. Add a mimo antenna for better signal, has two ports (TS-9)

Yeah, it's not available for us yet either.
    I have decided we are going to take a chance with the HomeFi device. It has a 14 day refund policy. So even if it doesn't work well, or live up to the claims they are making, I should be able to determine that within 14 days and then send it back for a refund.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    I have decided we are going to take a chance with the HomeFi device. It has a 14 day refund policy. So even if it doesn't work well, or live up to the claims they are making, I should be able to determine that within 14 days and then send it back for a refund.
    Thats a good idea. :o

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Thats a good idea. :o
    When we give a try, I'll post a review here on this thread, good or bad as to how it works.

On a good day, we might get two bars of cell phone reception, so our coverage for cell phone service isn't the greatest.

If it works good Katy,, It might be something for you to check out.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    When we give a try, I'll post a review here on this thread, good or bad as to how it works.

On a good day, we might get two bars of cell phone reception, so our coverage for cell phone service isn't the greatest.

If it works good Katy,, It might be something for you to check out.
    I would appreciate that! We only get one or two bars in the house as well. We have to use WIFI for everything....

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I would appreciate that! We only get one or two bars in the house as well. We have to use WIFI for everything....
    Our coverage for cell phone reception is spotty at best. I can go from one side of the house to the other and lose the two bars I had!

Part of the reason I got some Bluetooth ear buds for my phone. They have about a 40 foot range, so I can leave my phone where it's getting reception and not have to move the phone.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Our coverage for cell phone reception is spotty at best. I can go from one side of the house to the other and lose the two bars I had!

Part of the reason I got some Bluetooth ear buds for my phone. They have about a 40 foot range, so I can leave my phone where it's getting reception and not have to move the phone.
    That's pretty smart!!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    That's pretty smart!!
    Another neat idea with the ear buds that I use them for. We have a Roku device for the TV. I have a Roku app on my phone, which I can use as a remote for the Roku. There is a headphone feature of the remote and by switching to the headphone feature, it mutes the TV and then plays the sound through my ear buds.

That way I can hear the TV without sound on the TV and not disturb the wife while she is asleep.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Another neat idea with the ear buds that I use them for. We have a Roku device for the TV. I have a Roku app on my phone, which I can use as a remote for the Roku. There is a headphone feature of the remote and by switching to the headphone feature, it mutes the TV and then plays the sound through my ear buds.

That way I can hear the TV without sound on the TV and not disturb the wife while she is asleep.
    That's pretty smart as well. :D

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    That's pretty smart as well. :D
    I'm starting to like some of the newer technology. But, I'm also slow to adapting as well.

I can remember when headphones for the stereo had cords, and you could buy extension cords so you get further from the stereo with the headphones.

I do like the freedom of movement with wireless and Bluetooth.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    I'm starting to like some of the newer technology. But, I'm also slow to adapting as well.

I can remember when headphones for the stereo had cords, and you could buy extension cords so you get further from the stereo with the headphones.

I do like the freedom of movement with wireless and Bluetooth.
    I can understand that, I didn't really care for the Bluetooth headphones at first. They kept on getting burned out...... I used to have a pair of wired titanium ones that were dragged in the snow and still worked. Had those babies for 15yrs. I'd like to see a pair of Bluetooth headphones last like that. The Bluetooth make working out a lot easier though and they have come a long way...

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I can understand that, I didn't really care for the Bluetooth headphones at first. They kept on getting burned out...... I used to have a pair of wired titanium ones that were dragged in the snow and still worked. Had those babies for 15yrs. I'd like to see a pair of Bluetooth headphones last like that. The Bluetooth make working out a lot easier though and they have come a long way...
    My wife found me a pair of the ear buds at Dollar General for $10. I figure at the price, if they last a year, then I got my money's worth out of them.

Top Bottom