• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmc1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    I'm new to Texas. Where can i find a veteran service officer that can help me file a claim? I tried emailing one already and haven't received a response for the last 2 weeks. Any help would be appreciated
    Target Sports

KBMiii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    San Antonio
    A little late to post but I just went through the process. I seperated from the Army in June 2014 (medical discharge) with a 10% rating from the Army and an 80% from the VA.
    Two years later, I went through the process of getting my rating re-assessed through the DAV. I started this process in July of 2016 and received my upgraded rating in November.
    I highly recommend the DAV. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    All my paperwork went through the TVC. The DAV is the same thing. TVC is if you enlisted in Texas.

Texas employees that have access to government claims process.

DAV or TVC will work. It's not an easy battle by no means. Stick to it, is the only advise I can offer.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    They've had to go to private contractors for the claim load.

One contractor is VES. Veteran Evaluation Services. They did my final claim. Doctors that are veterans themselves. The service is night and day compared to the VA.

WWW.vesservices.com Toll free: 877-637-VETS.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Oh yeah. If you go through them. Don't fib. Don't hide the ailments. Even the details you don't want to discuss.

I went through three doctors. All specializing in the their field of expertise.

Speak you mind. Tell them the issues, you don't want to discuss. After its done, you won't have to discuss them anymore. It's on record. No reason to keep bringing them up.

You'll be talking to seasoned vets. Dr Vets, but vets all the same.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Hope you got in contact with someone to help you with your claim. On another note I live in Irving too. Where in Irving are you located?

dustoffjoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    I see this is somewhat of an old thread, while I am not a VSO I did work for the VA as an administrator and have also been through the VA claims process myself. Let me know if I can help anyone.

Top Bottom