• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I bought a Versacarry Arma holster for my Taurus G2C. Using their onlinecsizing guide, the G2C is supposed to fit in the size 3 holster.

When my holster arrived, I massaged the still leather and worked the pistol in and out several times but the trigger guard does not want to slide in.

Anyone got any tips? I thought about oiling the inside like a baseball glove or maybe using a steel bar to work the bottom edge like using a broom handle on a boot.
    Target Sports

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Generally I put my pistol in the holster, then put the holster on. After wearing it half a dozen times and I can get it in the holster while wearing it but not easily. I figure drawing will be the more important action anyway.

I agree though, they could have done that a little better. They look good though.

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County
    Put your UNLOADED pistol in a baggy that completely encapsulates the firearm. Push the pistol, in the baggy, into the pistol and let it remain there overnight. Do that a couple of days. If you have to force the pistol too hard it is likely a mismatch on the holster. Call Versacarry.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I have 3 versacarry, one of each size. Unload the gun, put in the holster as far as it will go and twist several times.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I tried CharlieWH2O's suggestion with the plastic baggie and it worked like a charm! My G2C is resting comfortably in the Arma where I will leave it for a day or two and then repeat.

I always wonder where some of these ideas come from, but nothing like a helpful tip!

This one reminds me of the time many years ago when I was working on a project putting 4" screws into hardwood stringers and my old neighbor came over and told me to dip the screws into dish soap before I drove them home. There is a trick to almost everything.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I would not seal the baggie or your gun may get condensation on it.

Top Bottom