• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Does anyone work for Verizon Wireless? I need to get a new phone and contract with them. Figured I'd give the business to someone that is a part of the forum.
    Capitol Armory ad

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    I don't but I can tell you something that you might want to watch out for.

If you are planing on getting a phone that is considered a "smartphone" you are going to have to get a required 39.99 data plan, no if's and or buts.
    I was planning on upgrading my phone to a new 79.99 Droid Eris which has WiFi built in, once I found out I had to have the data plan I said no thank you and walked out, I work, live, and go to school in a wifi area, I do not need the 3G data. When you are in the store it will not say that on the cards that are beside the phone, so watch out for that.

This also applys to Blackberrys, anything by HTC, and pretty much any 3G phone.

There is a way around this if you want to know how.

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    The way around it is buy an unlocked phone on FeeBay. I had the same problem with At&t. They swore up and down that I couldn't just buy a phone and put my sim card in it. But I did and it works fine. I don't know if the droid has a sim but if it does it will work.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I thought the smartphone plan was $29.99? That's what I'm paying anyway for my Droid. They have a different data plan that's $39.99, but that's for the full data plan which includes tethering (using your phone as a modem with a laptop). I don't think that's an unlimited data package either. FWIW, the data performance is very good - typically I get around 1.5 to 2 Mbps down and 500 to 800k up.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom