• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCallaway82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Houston
    All joking aside, after having my truck stolen (and luckily recovered) last year, I quickly nixed the idea of a "truck gun" for myself. I'm just not comfortable with the idea of a gun of mine being in the hands of someone that is low enough to steal my truck and possibly being used in another crime later. But, that's just personal preference.

Yeah. That's the same reason I stopped leaving mine in the console it either goes with me everywhere or stays home.
    Lynx Defense

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    No gun in my vehicle unless I'm in there also.
    If you have to, get a lockbox that bolts to the vehicle.

I don't see the point of keeping a small arsenal in your vehicle. If you can get to a vehicle, you can drive away.
    If they're shooting out your tires and riddling your engine, then you were fucked when you woke up that morning.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Well doofus, why didnt you saw it down to 18"?
    Do you know the "Legal" way LE is suppose to measure a gun?
    I have a police riot gun that I shortened up more. It was 18-1/4 and I milled it down to 18-1/16.
    Why 19"?

19 is a larger margin of error for my fucked up operations.

Yeah you use a dowell and measure it with the bolt closed.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I don't see the point of keeping a small arsenal in your vehicle. If you can get to a vehicle, you can drive away.
    If they're shooting out your tires and riddling your engine, then you were fucked when you woke up that morning.
    I know a guy in TX who had an active shooter at his workplace. He went to his car and got his .40 and put in some suppressive fire keeping the active shooter pinned in an office till police came.

There is another case where a guy with his hunting rifle passed a cop struggling with a perp on the side of the road. He pulled over and when the perp got the cops gun shot him from a good distance away more accurately than a handgun would afford.

Rifles offer precision and firepower. Shotguns offer 9 9mm projectiles traveling 1300 fps per shot with 8 rounds that's 72 bullets flying down range.

There is a solid case for using whatever weapon you have and upgrading your circumstances as soon as you get the chance till the danger passes.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I keep a Taurus M85 with in the door, comes with my when I leave the truck. Since I can not easily get to my carry weapon while seated in the jeep.

take a extra holster put your carry in it, as soon i get into the ride, put between the
    console and seat, in a cross draw position

beardking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2008
    One thing that I have considered doing is getting someone to weld up a "safe" of sorts to go under my back seat in my truck (has storage underneath). That way when I'm driving to Oklahoma to go hunting, I can stop at a convenience store to get rid of my morning Coke and not be quite as worried about my hunting rifle being stolen. Or, when I'm taking all of my guns to the range on a Saturday, I can stop at Walmart to pick up some ammo and not be as worried because all of my gear is just sitting in my back seat. Haven't gotten around to that yet though and I've had my truck for 6 years now. :)

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    I also dislike the idea of leaving any weapons in my car. I had a scare when I thought my car was stolen with my go-to rifle and backup pistol locked in the trunk. Fortunately, I just had a brain fart and found the car parked elsewhere untouched.

But, I do see the benefit of having a long gun, shotty or rifle, kept as a backup in the vehicle just in case.

An alternative I had considered once is the Kel-Tec Sub2000. Cheap, folds up compact, can use glock mags and accurate. Though, the pistol caliber will not hit as hard as a rifle, but would hit harder than a short pistol barrel.

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I ride :) therefore .... I need one of these.

Mad Dog Handgun Mount - ATV - Motorcycle Superstore

0000_Mad_Dog_Handgun_Mount_--.jpg

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    I usually keep a pistol with a high cap (+15 rounds) magazine in the glove box. With more and more vehicle break-in's, its now a pistol I purchased for under $300 bucks.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I have an beater FAL tucked out of sight, and secondary pistol in the "get me home bag". My ride is not a highly sought after type anymore, and I am diligent about them being well covered/hidden.

Top Bottom