• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    My truck was t-boned during the arctic madness in February and as I am still battling the other insurance company that thinks they can fix it and stay under the 75% value mark even with replacing the floor of the cab. So If they do so, I want to have an appraisal done to document a diminished value claim.

The dealers body shop has estimated over $19k to fix and the estimator for State Farm is only approving $13.5k while not seeing the requirement to pull the cab to replace the floor. They already have to pull the bed, rear bumper, left front fender and front bumper, replace driver and drivers side rear door, replace the entire B-pillar, repair/replace the c-pillar/corner of the rear of the cab, rocker panel, step, etc. The current floor has compromised integrity due to a ripple and crease in it by the rear door and popping in the floor with minimal weight at the midline. I honestly think it is a total loss as I don’t think anyone will warranty the structural integrity down the road.

I see this as showing up as severe damage on a vehicle history report which will severely impact future valuations of the truck.
    Thus I need to find someone that is reasonably priced but understands the issues at hand.

Anyone that you guys can recommend in Ft. Worth, especially on the West Side ?
    Guns International

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I'm not an appraiser but I price vehicles every day. If you want to PM me the details (year, make, model, trim, miles) I can send you screenshots of Blackbook and MMR values.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Your insurance company should go to battle for you. Granted it has been a long time, but I had my insurance company go after the at fault driver's insurance before. If not, then you have to do so.

Refuse to settle and let them know you are prepared to retain counsel.

Don't let them lowball you. I guarantee you will regret doing so.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Your insurance company should go to battle for you. Granted it has been a long time, but I had my insurance company go after the at fault driver's insurance before. If not, then you have to do so.

Refuse to settle and let them know you are prepared to retain counsel.

Don't let them lowball you. I guarantee you will regret doing so.

Been down that road before on a motorcycle I was rear ended on. Had to file with my insurance to get a better deal and they subrogated it out to get their money back.

That is why I am doing this legwork in case they “fix” it so I can get additional money from them. Then I would flip the truck because I won’t risk my family in it. Too much would have been cut out and replaced.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Been down that road before on a motorcycle I was rear ended on. Had to file with my insurance to get a better deal and they subrogated it out to get their money back.

That is why I am doing this legwork in case they “fix” it so I can get additional money from them. Then I would flip the truck because I won’t risk my family in it. Too much would have been cut out and replaced.
    After much of a collision, a vehicle just never seems the same. Little things (or big) seem to crop up.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Yeah, but the other guys insurance company (State Farm) is who I have to deal with...I don’t get to choose that.
    I had a Honda Accord that was broadsided while my daughter was using it. The other insurance company totaled it and I don't remember what they paid. I got a letter from USAA with a check for $2,300 and they said that the other insurance didn't pay enough and they were making up the difference and suing the other company for the $2,300. All I know is that I got $2,300 more than I thought I would thanks to USAA. I never heard of insurance doing anything like that.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    might want to talk with the repair shop and let them know you are very picky and will be going over every repair with a fine toothed comb and try to convince them they are better off totaling it than fixing it.

You do know you can pick the repair shop you do not have to use the one they pick.

Or at least that is how it worked in comiefornia

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    might want to talk with the repair shop and let them know you are very picky and will be going over every repair with a fine toothed comb and try to convince them they are better off totaling it than fixing it.

You do know you can pick the repair shop you do not have to use the one they pick.

Or at least that is how it worked in comiefornia

It is at my repair shop of choice....the insurance company makes the decision on totaling the vehicle. The shop thinks it should be totaled... Tomorrow State Farm is sending someone to physically look at it after much harassing on the phone by me.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Texas
    Your choice on where who n what parts are used. Not the ins co.
    Refuse to allow it to be fixed.

May take some fight but YOU are the decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    You're not interested in the vehicle being declared a total loss? With the extent of damage you noted, my personal choice would be to total it.

ETA: I realize the insurer decides on whether to total. If the at-fault carrier decides to repair, you may want to reconsider using your own carrier as they may be more conducive to totaling and subrogating.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    You're not interested in the vehicle being declared a total loss? With the extent of damage you noted, my personal choice would be to total it.

ETA: I realize the insurer decides on whether to total. If the at-fault carrier decides to repair, you may want to reconsider using your own carrier as they may be more conducive to totaling and subrogating.

I have a claim with my policy as a just in case....I will be taking with them today.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I had a Honda Accord that was broadsided while my daughter was using it. The other insurance company totaled it and I don't remember what they paid. I got a letter from USAA with a check for $2,300 and they said that the other insurance didn't pay enough and they were making up the difference and suing the other company for the $2,300. All I know is that I got $2,300 more than I thought I would thanks to USAA. I never heard of insurance doing anything like that.

Many years ago, State Farm stepped in when the other insurance company was low balling me. They paid for everything to my satisfaction and then turned their lawyers loose on the other insurance company.

I would NOT expect them to do the same today. Left them some years ago when the only thing they wanted to do was collect premiums.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The first claim or approval by an insurance company never ends up being the total cost. There are always supplemental additions as the repair begins so just stand firm and be there when the insc rep shows up.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    I have a claim with my policy as a just in case....I will be taking with them today.
    FWIW, sorry you're going through this. Insurers love to talk a lot of game about how important the customer is yet.... the proof is when the claim arises.

This comes from a person who has worked the last 24 years in the P&C industry with many years spent as a Claims Manager.

My dim value guy is in California, unfortunately, which is where I last acted in the role of Claims Manager, ending in 2015.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    You can pick the repair shop and specify factory parts only. You can also get your own adjuster.or use estimates from several dealerships.

You should also get comped for the diminished value due to the wreck.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    You can pick the repair shop and specify factory parts only. You can also get your own adjuster.or use estimates from several dealerships.

You should also get comped for the diminished value due to the wreck.

Yeah the standard 17c formula used by many insurance puts my diminished value at $1440.....yeah right.

I am at the dealers body shop, good experiences with them in the past.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom