• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will you take the corona virus vaccine?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Absolutely nothing, it has to do with the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines that use messenger RNA to tell your cell structure to alter their functionality to create the S1 spike protein.

COVID-19 mRNA vaccines give instructions for our cells to make a harmless piece of what is called the “spike protein.” The spike protein is found on the surface of the virus that causes COVID-19.
    1. First, COVID-19 mRNA vaccines are given in the upper arm muscle. Once the instructions (mRNA) are inside the immune cells, the cells use them to make the protein piece. After the protein piece is made, the cell breaks down the instructions and gets rid of them.
    2. Next, the cell displays the protein piece on its surface. Our immune systems recognize that the protein doesn’t belong there and begin building an immune response and making antibodies, like what happens in natural infection against COVID-19.
    3. At the end of the process, our bodies have learned how to protect against future infection. The benefit of mRNA vaccines, like all vaccines, is those vaccinated gain this protection without ever having to risk the serious consequences of getting sick with COVID-19.

Facts about COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines
      They cannot give someone COVID-19.
      • mRNA vaccines do not use the live virus that causes COVID-19.
      They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way.
      • mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.
      • The cell breaks down and gets rid of the mRNA soon after it is finished using the instructions.
    Conventional Live Virus (weakened) and Dead Virus also teach the immune cells to make antibodies except with the whole virus instead of just the protein spike that the antibodies need to attach to in order to prevent illness.

I don't know how the mRNA is created so I don't know if it's GMO or not. Something new to research.

Hopefully you have some immunity from when your wife was sick. Stay safe.
    Venture Surplus ad

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    COVID-19 mRNA vaccines give instructions for our cells to make a harmless piece of what is called the “spike protein.” The spike protein is found on the surface of the virus that causes COVID-19.
    1. First, COVID-19 mRNA vaccines are given in the upper arm muscle. Once the instructions (mRNA) are inside the immune cells, the cells use them to make the protein piece. After the protein piece is made, the cell breaks down the instructions and gets rid of them.
    2. Next, the cell displays the protein piece on its surface. Our immune systems recognize that the protein doesn’t belong there and begin building an immune response and making antibodies, like what happens in natural infection against COVID-19.
    3. At the end of the process, our bodies have learned how to protect against future infection. The benefit of mRNA vaccines, like all vaccines, is those vaccinated gain this protection without ever having to risk the serious consequences of getting sick with COVID-19.

They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way.
      • mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.
      • The cell breaks down and gets rid of the mRNA soon after it is finished using the instructions.

No, just no...

Dude, while I have a healthy respect for your determination on this topic despite the obvious disagreement, it needs to be called out that almost every point you made in the post quoted above is a false assumption, and based upon a stack of inherently faulty premises.

Every. Single. One. Most individually, some collectively. (the one exception is irrelevant...'a rose by any other name...')

I could write a friggin thesis on why, but honestly have no desire to get pulled down that rabbit-hole...

Put another way - while nobody knows what has been done/built, all the bits about what can/can't be done are bullshit.

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    No, just no...

Dude, while I have a healthy respect for your determination on this topic despite the obvious disagreement, it needs to be called out that nearly every point you made in the post quoted above is a false assumption, and based upon a stack of inherently faulty premises.

Every. Single. One. Most individually, some collectively.

I could write a friggin thesis on why, but honestly have no desire to get pulled down that rabbit-hole...

Put another way - while nobody knows what has been done/built, all the bits about what can/can't be done are bullshit.
    Maybe you need to write a thesis because I couldn't find any fault with DD post.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Maybe you need to write a thesis because I couldn't find any fault with DD post.
    You wouldn't.

Happy to write something...What's your budget?

Fair warning, you may be a bit put off by my bill-rate though, as I neither work for free nor try forcing horses to drink...

Besides, what makes you so confident that just cuz you don't see/understand, that it isn't so? Would actually be kinda funny if it wasn't such a common failing in people, especially of late....

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    You wouldn't.

Happy to write something...What's your budget?

Fair warning, you may be a bit put off by my bill-rate though, as I neither work for free nor force horses to drink...
    It is just so easy to say "you are wrong" regarding what you said about DD post but it is all BS if you don't prove he is wrong. The sad thing for you is that you can't prove him wrong because he isn't. You post an incorrect statement and expect to be paid for more incorrect statements. You work for the NY Times or something? When you post something be prepared to back it up. DubiousDan is just too smart for you.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    It is just so easy to say "you are wrong" regarding what you said about DD post but it is all BS if you don't prove he is wrong. The sad thing for you is that you can't prove him wrong because he isn't. You post an incorrect statement and expect to be paid for more incorrect statements. You work for the NY Times or something? When you post something be prepared to back it up. DubiousDan is just too smart for you.
    Yup, guess you must be right. Y'all must have just overwhelmed my inferior reason with your weight of knowledge and perspective...
    *(floating in an ocean of sarcasm)

Was actually a nice try, though!

e6be59e32b0d118f7262bbec623855ef.gif

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    No, just no...

Dude, while I have a healthy respect for your determination on this topic despite the obvious disagreement, it needs to be called out that almost every point you made in the post quoted above is a false assumption, and based upon a stack of inherently faulty premises.

Every. Single. One. Most individually, some collectively. (the one exception is irrelevant...'a rose by any other name...')

What I posted is what the smart people who created the vaccine say it does. Since it the vaccine is at approx. 95% effective I'll stick with what the smart people say.

If you have some information that the virologist or immunologist don't have I'd like to see it. I mean actual studies and not the rantings from anti-vaxers.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Careful, he may be right. Recently I've learned that "cuz I said so" is the gold standard for proof here.

13centkiller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2021
    Umbarger TX
    I got 50,000 vaccinations in the military and have been to some of the nastiest places on this planet....and I drank the water in Juarez......think I'm good.

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX

4. They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way.
    Conventional Live Virus (weakened) and Dead Virus also teach the immune cells to make antibodies except with the whole virus instead of just the protein spike that the antibodies need to attach to in order to prevent illness.

I don't know how the mRNA is created so I don't know if it's GMO or not. Something new to research.

Hopefully you have some immunity from when your wife was sick. Stay safe.

Well you're certainly welcome to your opinion, but I have a large distrust of big pharma and refuse to buy what they're selling just because it's for sale.

To date, every single thing the "experts" have said about this virus and the vaccine has been wrong. Pfizer prides itself on the use of "Gene Therapy" as the new innovative way to treat diseases. If that's your bag, that's fine. I won't condemn anyone for wanting to take it. Me personally, I don't trust it, I don't trust them, and I'm not altering the way my body functions naturally. Now, you can make the argument that it's just creating antibodies, but I would disagree as the very document you quoted states that it alters cell structure.

Nobody knows the long term effects of this. Nobody knows what effects it will have on children and grandchildren of the folks that are exposed to it.

And let's just remember for a second, these folks we consider "experts" all got their degrees and passed their classes on a bell curve that has been getting flatter and flatter as the years progress.

On this subject, we will likely to just have to agree to disagree.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Well you're certainly welcome to your opinion, but I have a large distrust of big pharma and refuse to buy what they're selling just because it's for sale.

To date, every single thing the "experts" have said about this virus and the vaccine has been wrong. Pfizer prides itself on the use of "Gene Therapy" as the new innovative way to treat diseases. If that's your bag, that's fine. I won't condemn anyone for wanting to take it. Me personally, I don't trust it, I don't trust them, and I'm not altering the way my body functions naturally. Now, you can make the argument that it's just creating antibodies, but I would disagree as the very document you quoted states that it alters cell structure.

Nobody knows the long term effects of this. Nobody knows what effects it will have on children and grandchildren of the folks that are exposed to it.

And let's just remember for a second, these folks we consider "experts" all got their degrees and passed their classes on a bell curve that has been getting flatter and flatter as the years progress.

I'm OK with disagreement so long as it's civil. Take care.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I got 50,000 vaccinations in the military and have been to some of the nastiest places on this planet....and I drank the water in Juarez......think I'm good.
    You got more than I got. I was only in 8 years, you must have served under George Washington. You can have a deferral for all future vaccines. Stay away from rabid dogs though.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    What I posted is what the smart people who created the vaccine say it does. Since it the vaccine is at approx. 95% effective I'll stick with what the smart people say.

If you have some information that the virologist or immunologist don't have I'd like to see it. I mean actual studies and not the rantings from anti-vaxers.
    Smart people...got it.
    Trust the "experts"...got it.

Noticed that by your own words, you don't seem to include yourself in that group ('smart people', that is). Also seem to be comfortable with that blind faith in your 'betters'. For your sake, I sincerely hope it's not misplaced...

That said, both you and your backup appear to have mistakenly assumed that I have any need whatsoever to prove myself - hint: I don't, and haven't for some considerable time.

Experts....roflmao

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Smart people...got it.

Noticed that by your own words, you don't seem to include yourself in that group ('smart people', that is). Also seem to be comfortable with that blind faith in your 'betters'. For your sake, I sincerely hope it's not misplaced...

That said, both you and your backup appear to have mistakenly assumed that I have any need whatsoever to prove myself - hint: I don't, and haven't for some considerable time.

Experts....roflmao
    What part of DubiousDan post about the mechanism of action of the mRNA vaccine was wrong? All the rest is BS.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas

Hypothetically, if you had a child with cystic fibrosis that would probably be dead by say age 16 or so, wouldn’t you want to give that child a chance to live a full life by fixing the defective gene with gene therapy?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    mRNA vaccines are new, have not been through the normal rigorous trials that a vaccine typically goes through. They have gone through initial trials for rabies. Initial experiments for perhaps four or five. But this is the first time an mRNA vaccine was released for public use.

Perhaps they are fine. Perhaps they are not, This is an unknown.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Smart people...got it.

Experts....roflmao
    I'm not an expert in any particular field. I'm not an expert in infectious disease or immunology. I know my limitations so when I want reliable information on these subjects I look to people who are considered to be experts by their peers. I don't look to keyboard warriors or self proclaimed heroes. I don't look to social media or memes on Facebook for advice. But most of all I don't look to conspiracy theorist who can't back up their theories with actual data.

If I break my leg I'll look to an orthopedic surgeon and not someone who treats people with aroma therapy or essential oils.

If my car has a mechanical problem that is beyond my abilities I look to a mechanic.

As I said, I know my limitations and my ego is not so fragile that I can't admit that I don't know the answer to something. It also doesn't bruise my ego to admit that someone knows more about a subject than I do.

Because I may admire and respect someone's abilities and expertise doesn't mean I consider them to be my "better".

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom