• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Looking for a general cost on converting a UZI pistol into a SBR,and how would one go about it the NFA trust I know Sean is the man to go to for. But the rest other then the tax stamp I have no idea. Looking to get a fullsize uzi pistol and later adding a folding stock onto it. This is nothing I'm looking to do in the next few days just planning ahead is all.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Good point about modifying the receiver did'nt think of that, the Uzi carbines look strange with the long barrel.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    Did about what you want but used full size UZI carbine as a starting point. I think my NFA trust done professionally totaled about 800 but the lawyer updated our will at the same time (thrown in). Tax stamps total 200 for the SBR. Engraving your trust name on the receiver is about 15-30. Mailing cost with return receipt for completed forms and copy of your trust about ten bucks. Finally a cut down barrel cost me 80 after, I REPEAT AFTER your stamped NFA form is in your posession. A good gunsmith can cut and crown the barrel that came with the UZI but wait until all the previous was done or you may be in violation; "constructive intent". The friend who sold me the barrel miraculously had a cut down semi-auto barrel he was willing to part with.

Copy of trust, engraved receiver, photocopy of your stamped NFA form, short barrel installed and you are good to go and totally legal. It looks right and it's fun to shoot.

Hope that helps!

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I converted my IMI type B to an SBR. Bought a 10 inch barrel off Gunbroker for $100, then mailed in my form 1 to BATFE with the $200 check. 5 months later I have my tax stamp and can put together my SBR UZI. I put my Title II stuff on a trust I made with Willmaker.

Here's a pic with suppressor:

uzio.jpg

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Hahaha.. I guess that's always an option. I meant go the SBR route. Unless you already have ;-)

I'm looking at getting a NIB model A one of these days.

Good luck - they're hard to find, and gettin' harder!

No more guns until I get the new safe - simply not enough room in the existing one!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I converted my IMI type B to an SBR. Bought a 10 inch barrel off Gunbroker for $100, then mailed in my form 1 to BATFE with the $200 check. 5 months later I have my tax stamp and can put together my SBR UZI. I put my Title II stuff on a trust I made with Willmaker.

I was under the impression that having the parts in your possession (even though they were not put together) prior to having the stamp was illegal???

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If you have the components, yeah - it CAN be. They're kinda non-consistent.......having said that, there's NO way I'd have the two in my possession prior to having the stamp - period!

Top Bottom