• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Got an e-mail last night from Silencer Shop wondering if I mailed them back my form 4473. I dropped it off @ the post office Monday before 5:00 pm. That's 3 full days for a letter to getting to Austin which is like 3 hours away.
    I guess I drive my fat ass to Austin next week if they don't have it by today.
    Guns International

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    For the most part, USPS is a reliable service but 100% is near impossible. Hopefully SS will get it today.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    For the most part, USPS is a reliable service but 100% is near impossible. Hopefully SS will get it today.
    +1

I've seen people bitch and moan about USPS, but of all the delivery services, USPS has been the one that's been the fastest delivery times. Never had a major issue with them. While it's still possible to be lost, I put delivery confirmation on important packages for good measure.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    There has definitely been a slow down since the first of the year. Mail that I regularly received in 1 day last year is now taking 2 or 3 days.

Seems to be carrier dependent around here.

We had one carrier for ten years with nary a problem. The past year we have had two (government-to-the-people interfaces commonly seen at the PO) carriers who take turns delivering.

The mailbox is four steps up, on the front porch next to the door.

The male, who walks with earphones on, either listening to music or talking on his cell, doesn't even bother walking up the four steps to the mailbox, just throws the mail, regardless of address, on the porch in the general direction of the door. (Yep, took a video of him doing just that two weeks ago and sent it to the local postmaster with a complaint form)

The female is pleasant and friendly, but the concept of mail actually being _delivered to the number on the door_ is apparently one either has yet to master.

Sign of the times...

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    What post office? I have four open complaints/cases with the Klein office for missing/lost mail/packages.

Astrodome. I dropped it in their drop off box before their last pick up on the box. I have had problems with them for 17 years. I'll generally drive over to West University. Get mail delivered @ night with the carrier wearing a head lamp, & yapping on his phone.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I miss the old IAH post office. Until a number of years ago, it was the only post office in the city that never closed. They were always busy and the place was always dirty but they knew their stuff. Want to send anything, anywhere, at any time of the day or night? The clerk behind the counter knew exactly what to do. They had seen and done it all. Loved that place for their competence.

Then they got bumped to a different location sort-of on the site of the airport. Then they moved again to the north side of 1960. Then they shortened their hours, staying open just till midnight and closing on holidays. About a year ago, they shortened their hours again; now it's 10-6 weekdays, 10-4 Saturday, and closed Sunday and holidays. That's a far cry from the old 24/7/365 days. The staff has gone downhill and now it's just another post office.

It's depressing to see what was once a revered institution slide into mediocrity like that.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    It's depressing to see what was once a revered institution slide way past mediocrity like that.
    FIFY

Edited as seems only right to remove quotes since you didn't actually say it this way.

Last edited:

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    I totally agree with the title of thread. Customer service is none on the phone and in person.

I hate to make such a broad statement so I'll say C.S is 0% on the phone, since I cant ever speak to a human. At the P.O its more like 50% of speaking to someone who doesn't seem like there job is forced labor and isn't bored to death.

txbirddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    I have shipped several long guns through USPS by Priority and have yet to have a problem. That being said, an old office I was in got a Priority envelope from the IRS. This pertained to a tax audit item. He called them and was wondering what this was all about as the audit was signed off on. They researched the case and said it was fine. We then looked at the date of the notice,,,,,,,it was 2 yrs old. With billions of pieces it is inevitable may get diverted. Good luck.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    With billions of pieces it is inevitable may get diverted.
    My sis shipped some merchandise to Australia. It was a rare pair of Barbie shoes and no replacement was possible. They never arrived. Sis tried to help but the tracking system simply lost track. Ultimately, she refunded the money to the buyer because that's just good customer service.

Over six months later, the woman in Australia called my sister. The package had arrived that day. Sis laughed and told her to keep them at no charge.

The story has been worth far more than the cost of those shoes.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    We're really starting to see the low hanging fruits of our public education system enter the work force.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    My mailbox lock was broken for 5 days. Couldn't get in it to get my mail. Phone calls to the Georgetown P.O. went unanswered. First trip to the post office was met with apathy. "What do you want me to do sort of attitude". Second trip to the post office-"We are out of locks, a contractor does that for us, and he isn't here", etc.

Found that 800 number and called it. Talked to a live person that actually cared. Told her the whole story. Had a new lock installed and they brought the key to the house the next day.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Seems to be carrier dependent around here.
    The problem is definitely the person carrying the mail. Most of the one's I've had have been great, but at my previous address the guy was terrible. Letters went missing all the time. If your mail actually gets into the facility everything is automated and works as close to flawlessly as is possible. The people on both ends are where the issues can happen.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I'll just resurrect this thread rather than start a new one.

[//begin rant]

I ordered an item from Primary Arms last week. They ship pretty fast and USPS tracking showed it was scheduled for delivery on 25 May. It's all good until I got notification on the 25th that it was delivered. Left on my porch/at front door.

I knew something was wrong right away because the postman won't bring items to the house unless they are too large to fit in the parcel container in the cluster mail boxes, which are located at the entrance to the subdivision. And of course it wasn't on my front porch nor, when I checked, in the parcel container.

It showed up Tuesday in the parcel container. While I'm happy it eventually showed up, I'm still a little miffed that they lied about it. [//end rant]

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    For 3 days now I have had mail in my box & the only thing the matches my address is the street number. Names wrong, street name is wrong & the zip code is wrong. I finally broke out a red pen & left instruction for the mail carrier to read. It probably ended up in the street drainage.

Aint easy getting the mail delivered when you'r yapping on your phone while working.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Had that happen several times. The only thing correct on the address was our street number. That's not on the mailman, that's on the sorters downtown. We usually just drop back in the out going mail slot and never see it again. Except one time the same piece of mail came back 3 times, LOL.

Makes me wonder how much of my mail is going to the wrong street address. The only thing I can recommend is to sign up for the "Informed Delivery" notification the USPS offers. That way you know you're getting the wrong mail before it's delivered.:)

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    few months ago i ordered a bbl from brownells. a week later i called them wondering when it was gonna be shipped. they gave me a date of arrival as the next day. anxiously awaiting as the mail came. nada. next day nada. and next. called brownells. they said was delivered as per USPS records and to check the neighbors mailboxes, surrounding bushes, back porch etc etc. really? finally had to file a form with the post office. the NEXT DAY it mysteriously appeared in my mailbox. carrier claimed i have a big mailbox and it was in the back of the box the whole time and i should of looked harder. i said really? you have delivered mail several times since due date knowing it was missing. why didn't you look harder? plus the box is eye level when you are putting mail into it. he said whatever and drove off. called brownells and they said again?? we hear this all the time.

Top Bottom