Can someone please bring them back?

But at yesteryears prices. Thanks!

You wanted the zip right?
    download (36).jpeg

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    Just my opinion, but this is an example of a company (Colt) dumping plant and equipment items and then getting pissed when the new owners produce a product better than the original. I wondered at the time why they dropped making SAAs and went for a .22 that didn't work. Speculation was Colt was going to sue them (USFA) but who knows??

If you wanted a SAA for general use or competition at a good price, I purchased SAAs made by Pietta. They're sold by EAA and others. They looked good, shot good and held up to SASS competition.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Just my opinion, but this is an example of a company (Colt) dumping plant and equipment items and then getting pissed when the new owners produce a product better than the original. I wondered at the time why they dropped making SAAs and went for a .22 that didn't work. Speculation was Colt was going to sue them (USFA) but who knows??

If you wanted a SAA for general use or competition at a good price, I purchased SAAs made by Pietta. They're sold by EAA and others. They looked good, shot good and held up to SASS competition.
    Yeah I have two Ubertis now but once owned a 1st gen Colt Bisley. It was a pure beater with less then zero finish and grips were almost worn through.
    Caliber 32-20. I sold it for a premium to buy a new one from Colt or USFA and both had gone the way of the DoDo bird. Standard was also very high in the charts but it to diminished.
    The other clones are only half of a the real McCoy. The Beretta clone was pretty dang good but I believe it was actually a remastered Uberti.
    A new Colt can be had now but only one chambering one barrel length and a real long wait uness they changed or Stopped production again.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I have one of their Rodeo SAA 4.75 inch in .45LC. Kicking myself still for not buying the matching one the guy had for sale. These things are well made. Tight lockup.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    What you need is a 7.5inch nickeled SAA with pearl grips.
    Naw I want 4 5/8 or 4 3/4 in 357 and case with standard Black grips and I'll make my own custom grips. I'd like to try to make a one piece set.
    My buddy has a 2nd gen Nickel 7.5 in 45 colt.

A new colt is $1799 so if you could find one on gun broker or somewhere they are probably going for $2200-$2500 +

Last edited:

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I've been looking for a BBQ gun, a single action revolver, and that may be the one. Now to see if I can get the boss's permission.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Just take her shoe shopping.
    She's not that kind of woman. She never shops for herself, never did much. Now she's an invalid. But I'm not going to get one. She asked me if I really wanted it, and I have to answer no because as much as I would love to have one, I just don't have any use for it. If I don't strongly want something, then I don't want it enough to buy it.

Top Bottom