USA v. Tamori Morgan: potential tip of the spear to GCA/FOPA/NFA reform/repeal as it relates to machine guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Sorry to be a negative voice but there is NO WAY the fed.gov will EVER allow mg's out in general use. The feds seem to have a particular burr under their saddles about f/a.
    Feds will just keep appeals going until they get the ruling they want.
    Endless pockets and time.

letsget86d

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2024
    Fort Bended Knee
    No offense taken. It is certainly clear that any progress at all will be slow, painful, and uncertain. For progress to even be possible, we have to at least start somewhere though. I've been surprised by SCOTUS in a good way more than once in the last 4 years and I am open to being surprised again.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I would tend to agree that availability will probably never happen but a step to at least bringing prices down would be to allow the general purchase of post 86 guns. Maybe some reform will happen.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    The clear meaning of the 2nd is that citizens are allowed the same weapons as a common soldier. The Magna Carta is the inspiration, as it allowed long bows to owned by common citizens.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    The failure was the government's stupidity trying to freeze technology back in 1792.

The fact that we won this case doesn't mean we will continue to win on the appeal, it just means the stupid argument [that only weapons in existence in 1792 are protected] is going extinct.

The appeal will be much more challenging to win. I believe we'll lose this on appeal.

The good news: We're actually winning cases about freaking MGs. We need to push those limits. We need people to think MGs are a normal thing that normal people should be able to own (which they sort of are, 3/4 of a million of them, and that's after decades of persecution against MGs).

It's the same tactic the left uses -- go for the extreme, and then the merely abnormal seems normal. When we start winning cases about MGs, it's much more likely that we'll win cases surrounding suppressors or cases against "assault weapons" bans.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    It wouldn't hurt anything if movies stopped making it look like MGs were easy to get and that every criminal who wants one can gear-up his entire crew overnight for no more money than buying serial-number-filed stolen Glocks. I fully believe that at least 33% of public perception about the AR-15 platform is that it's full-auto. :banghead:

Top Bottom