• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Not all gamers look like that. I have neighbors a few years younger than me (mid 50's). She is a gamer and stays up playing one of the games until the odd hours of the morning. War game?

She is about 5'5", very slender and looks good for her age. I had known them for years before I knew she was a gamer, and only found out because the husband mentioned she wanted a new "gaming console" for Christmas this past year.

She is most definitely not what you think a gamer would look like.

Then again, it appears she suffers social-anxiety and rarely leaves the house. So, perhaps that is her way of socializing while hiding behind an invented persona.
    Lynx Defense

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I’m a bearded redneck. Not sure I count as a “gamer” though.

Most I’ve known these days tend to be pretty thin. The horrible obesity stereotype seems to have changed. Now it’s more really thin and kind of pasty, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I’m a bearded redneck. Not sure I count as a “gamer” though.

Most I’ve known these days tend to be pretty thin. The horrible obesity stereotype seems to have changed. Now it’s more really thin and kind of pasty, lol.

Different drugs.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Growing up on LI NY in the 50's we were concerned that NYC would be a target for a nuclear strike. The old line up in the hall covering your head while on your knees was a common drill in Elementary school. My friend's dad installed a simple bomb shelter underground in their backyard. I remember sitting in it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hydric acid scares the hell out of me. It’s used in everything from nuclear power plants to industrial cleaning operations. People worry about roundup but no mention of it being sprayed all over crops even though it kills about 4,000 people every year.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    If we were attacked by intercontinental missiles, it would very likely to be immediately preceded by missiles from the Gulf and the East and West Coast by subs to cause EMP's in order to affect our own launch and defense capabilities.....

Just about all modern vehicles will be affected.........

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    892b72f7630acfbe85405c7a31456177.gif

HPFlashman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    Northwest Florida
    Just trying to figure out my way to the Gulf of Mexico and avoiding radiation. Big Bend is an option but don’t want to be land locked. Would like to stay inside USA. Traveling from Georgetown north of Austin area. - Riksors

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fallout in a huge nuclear exchange between superpowers is eventually going to spread radiation everywhere. The bigger issues might be starvation, malnutrition and poor hygiene leading to disease and septicemia, getting killed by roving bands of Orcs, exposure to harsh weather, coming under the thrall of some local warlord, being a ward in a FEMA camp, finding out your bug out hideaway is occupied by armed Hare Krishna's or that you're going nowhere without gasoline. Me? I want to be looking straight up in the sky when the 50KT air burst hits.

justashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I used to have a poster in my room when I was a kid that said the 10 things to do in case of a nuclear attack. #10 was bend over and kiss your ass good bye. I am not sure if that was to happen that would be a world I would want to live in.

MB Wood

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2022
    Bridge City, Texas
    Not sure if legit.

Covers wind direction as well.

View attachment 308511 View attachment 308512
    Growing up in SE Texas during the Cold War, we were always worried about all the petrochemical targets we were surrounded by. I was always told by my dad and his ex-military buddies that refineries and whatnot wouldn't be targeted by an invading force like Russia or China as they would be of use, but would be destroyed via our own government in a last-ditch effort to make them unusable. Don't know how accurate that is, particularly in light of Putin's tactics in Ukraine lately. Another interesting tidbit, during the Cold War, a map of targets from USSR got leaked and it showed College Station as being a high value target. The story goes that it was because during WWII, some of the best military strategists were from A&M.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    during the Cold War, The targets were in plains states as that is where the defenses were, Canada line to Texas. Of course Castro was aiming at Fl and NYC. We were told to get under the wood desk at school to avoid flying glass and stuff. Look at Hiro now 60 yrs after the 'bomb'.

Top Bottom