• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    USPS and FedEx were running in 3 days after the hurricane.....UPS didn't start running in our area for 3 weeks......in the interim, they returned all packages to the shippers telling us the shippers had requested their return, which was a lie. When the distributors (or anyone else that used UPS) received our packages back, they resent them, only to be returned again.......One of the gals in Corpus told me I couldn't pick up my packages there because the shipper had requested their return, which was a lie......she then told me it was too dangerous for their drivers to deliver here and she knew because she lived in Rockport and drove to Corpus every day........so......a secretary can brave the dangerous drive every day to go to work at UPS in Corpus, but the professional union drivers couldn't make the same trip because it was too dangerous......uh.....yeah......right......

I wasn't the only one of course....many, many folks here complained about UPS's failure of our community....when FedEx stepped up...UPS stepped back......

I also learned (from the UPS drivers) that the dumbasses in charge in Corpus had decided to move their servers form Corpus to save them from the Hurricane and moved them............to Houston....what a brilliant move......instead of sending them 2.5 hours away to Laredo......

I could go on......I wrote a letter naming names of those in charge here and the name of the young lady that blatantly lied to me to the CEO of UPS......certified mail.......still no response to this day......

So, UPS will never get any of my business if I have a choice.......ever.....

apologies for the hijack/rant....

addendum.......some of the packages that were returned were emergency parts for our generators which were desperately needed.....

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    but...but...
    Ups-logistics-logo-515x160.jpg

:roflfunny:

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    USPS and FedEx were running in 3 days after the hurricane.....UPS didn't start running in our area for 3 weeks......in the interim, they returned all packages to the shippers telling us the shippers had requested their return, which was a lie. When the distributors (or anyone else that used UPS) received our packages back, they resent them, only to be returned again.......One of the gals in Corpus told me I couldn't pick up my packages there because the shipper had requested their return, which was a lie......she then told me it was too dangerous for their drivers to deliver here and she knew because she lived in Rockport and drove to Corpus every day........so......a secretary can brave the dangerous drive every day to go to work at UPS in Corpus, but the professional union drivers couldn't make the same trip because it was too dangerous......uh.....yeah......right......

I wasn't the only one of course....many, many folks here complained about UPS's failure of our community....when FedEx stepped up...UPS stepped back......

I also learned (from the UPS drivers) that the dumbasses in charge in Corpus had decided to move their servers form Corpus to save them from the Hurricane and moved them............to Houston....what a brilliant move......instead of sending them 2.5 hours away to Laredo......

I could go on......I wrote a letter naming names of those in charge here and the name of the young lady that blatantly lied to me to the CEO of UPS......certified mail.......still no response to this day......

So, UPS will never get any of my business if I have a choice.......ever.....

apologies for the hijack/rant....

addendum.......some of the packages that were returned were emergency parts for our generators which were desperately needed.....

I didn't think it was hijacking. I thought it was relevant to the thread topic.

ZIG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Sugar Land
    There were incidences that USPS left packages that requires signature just at my front porch and the website shows recipient signed for it. A few months ago USPS left 2 boxes while the tracking shows 3 boxes were delivered. Often I saw online shows package left in mailbox and found them at my front door.
    What I did was I replaced my old doorbell with a video doorbell called “ring”, which you can buy from Amazon or Costco and many other relaxers. I pay about $3 each months to have the video footage stores online. It has motion sensor, two way speaker and can be accessed from your cellphone through WiFi. If something happens, I have proof at least to show whether it was stolen or whether the driver was lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    They lost one of my jetski engines for the entire summer a few decades back. I filed a claim, had to wait out their payout timeout, and of course.. on the last day, when I was about to get the check, they *find* the package. Pretty sure they had been using it as a door stop. The greased bag keeping the engine from water damage was perforated, the box looked like they'd tossed it off the loading dock more than once... didn't get a penny of the shipping costs back and I basically missed out on a summer of watercraft fun.

I just recently sold property in WA and asked the escrow company to overnight the proceeds. They used UPS. It took 3 days to get here and they just tossed the envelope on the doorstep. Thank goodness the wind was not howling that day.

I hate when people ship me stuff via UPS...

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    I like UPS. My driver texts me when he is delivering something, asks where I want him to put it if it is something large or out of the ordinary etc.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I find being friendly to my delivery drivers helps a lot, that or I've been really lucky with my drivers.

Same here, but I found in the past it helped when they stuck around for that to happen. My last UPS driver was my driver for 8 years. The FX drivers seemed to be one of many during that same period.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    A number of years ago, the feds arrested a UPS driver in Abilene for stealing handguns from shipments

He did it for months before they figured it out

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I was half out of it, after snapping my hip back into its socket and putting it on a heating pad, when UPS brought me a box that I didn't pay attention to, until I saw that they FUBARED My name and address of payment for my son's 1911 with the FFL. I gave them a call, so it could be properly sent in and logged by law. They screwed up payment information with the copy of the FFL and made some crap mixture. I haven't witnessed a FFL do something that ridiculously dumb.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom