• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DFW_Warrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2022
    Arlington, TX
    For most of my Glocks that I used for competition, defense, and whatnot, I just put a Ghost connector in them and polished everything up. I have played around with other triggers and honestly none of them really felt THAT much better than just a good polish job and the connector.

Spend whatever you want to spend, but at the end of the day you will still have a Glock trigger. So for me I would rather spend less to have a Glock trigger rather than more.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    The OP never stated what purpose.

For a defensive gun, other than OEM, personally I'd only trust either an Overwatch Precision trigger or the Apex Tactical one. Both are quality manufacturers with a good reputation and good degree of testing in the market.

I've had quite a few Overwatch triggers and never had a single problem. My current favorite from them is the FALX, which mirrors the same curved profile as stock, but feels like a much crisper pull due to the aluminum trigger shoe.

Timney
    To be clear, if we're talking about defensive purposes, I would NEVER recommend the Timney trigger under any circumstances. It is not safe for an HD or carry gun IMO. They don't market it for that purpose anyways, so it's nothing against Timney.

That trigger is well-made, but the design introduces some potential issues and reduced margin for error when it comes to more of a hard use gun, like for defense/carry. Here's a bit more detail about the mechanics of this trigger. In testing on the below G17 (gen3 RTF2 w/ Ghost Edge connector), I was getting 2lbs 3oz on average. Maybe fun or cool for competition, but definitely has no business on a defensive gun.

Trigger with pre-travel stop fully released (no reduction)

View attachment 298260

Trigger at rest, pre-travel stop fully released (no reduction)
    The trigger bar still sits in the drop safety ledge. If pressed downward, it does not move the sear. The drop safety appears to be intact.

View attachment 298261

Trigger partially pulled
    This is the extent to which the trigger can be pulled before it is fully off the drop safety ledge and begins to press the sear downwards.

View attachment 298262

Trigger and sear fully depressed
    This is the extent to which the sear depresses. If you reference the back of the slot for the drop safety, between this and the previous picture you can get an idea of the degree of travel.

View attachment 298263

Sear
    Take note of the sear design. To clarify, there is nothing that restricts sear movement. This also converts the gun to a fully-tensioned striker. In the same vein as the SIG P320, theoretically it is possible that significant enough inertia from a drop could cause the sear to bounce enough to release the striker, independent of the trigger bar moving. As others have found this trigger does not appear to disable the firing pin safety. So the FPS would still be engaged and likely prevent the striker from fully falling.

View attachment 298264
    Thorough. Thanks for sharing

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Looking for some discussion from any of you who have upgraded your trigger. What did you use and were you happy with it? So far, the consensus I have heard is Timney, APEX, and CMC. What say you? Thanks in advance.
    The most I have done is a 3.5 connector. I have shot a few Glocks with aftermarket triggers and I never felt they gave me anything that I couldnt get with just the connector, polishing and putting rounds down range. One G19 I owned (via trade) for awhile had a Saurez International trigger in it and while the weight of the pull was the same, it felt better than the stock trigger.

Wish they'd just make an aftermarket trigger that just feels like a factory trigger after 5000+ rounds :laughing:

Last edited:

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    The most I have done is a 3.5 connector. I have shot a few Glocks with aftermarket triggers and I never felt they gave me anything that I couldnt get with just the connector, polishing and putting rounds down range. One G19 I owned for awhile had a Saurez International trigger in it and while the weight of the pull was the same, it felt better than the stock trigger.

Wish they'd just make an aftermarket trigger that just feels like a factory trigger after 5000+ rounds :laughing:
    Good post. I agree on all counts.

The Timney is dang close to a very well-worn Glock trigger. But like I said, not a carry trigger IMO since it's a totally new design. That said, if I'm gonna trust a radical new trigger design, it would be a Timney, since they've been in the trigger business for a LOOOOONG time

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Good post. I agree on all counts.

The Timney is dang close to a very well-worn Glock trigger. But like I said, not a carry trigger IMO since it's a totally new design. That said, if I'm gonna trust a radical new trigger design, it would be a Timney, since they've been in the trigger business for a LOOOOONG time
    Id love for the factory Glock trigger to be like a Walther PPQ trigger. They are really nice

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    The idea of paying a premium for a Glock and having to replace the trigger and the sights to make it serviceable is hilarious.

What premium? You mean compared to the el cheapo plastic that is all the rage now???

Glock 17 = $499 most anywhere
    Beretta 92FS = $640
    Beretta M9 = $999
    S&W Shield $561
    Canik TP9 = $422
    Sig P320 M17 = $649
    H&K USP9 = $1039
    Taurus G3C = $280
    Ruger EC9 = $270
    SCCY CPX2 = $214

Glocks are PERFECTLY serviceable, unlike some 1911s :what: , when used for the purpose they were designed for.... SD.

There is nothing wrong with the OEM sights, but some folks prefer something else.

There is nothing wrong with the trigger, but some folks prefer a smoother trigger with a shorter takeup and reset for target or competition... same as ALL the mods done to various 1911s.

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    I’ll be the weirdo.

My carry gun is a Gen 3 G22 previously owned by the Idaho State Liquor Division.

I swapped the barrel for one in .357 Sig and I love the trigger that it came with, a heavy NY-1 trigger. Feels almost like a double action.

I’ve trained with it and sent thousands of rounds through it and I would trust it with my life.

Last edited:

bbslider001

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2020
    Fort Worth, Texas
    For most of my Glocks that I used for competition, defense, and whatnot, I just put a Ghost connector in them and polished everything up. I have played around with other triggers and honestly none of them really felt THAT much better than just a good polish job and the connector.

Spend whatever you want to spend, but at the end of the day you will still have a Glock trigger. So for me I would rather spend less to have a Glock trigger rather than more.
    This makes perfect sense to me. Really appreciate it. It looks like this is the route I'll be taking.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bbslider001

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2020
    Fort Worth, Texas
    The idea of paying a premium for a Glock and having to replace the trigger and the sights to make it serviceable is hilarious.
    I never said it wasn't serviceable or that it was lacking in anything. It was a question for discussion, not a complaint about what my pistol doesn't do. I also didn't pay a "premium", what ever that definition that might be. More than a Taurus?

Thanks for the input. I can find usefulness in just about any opinion, no matter how off base it might be.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

DFW_Warrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2022
    Arlington, TX
    I never said it wasn't serviceable or that it was lacking in anything. It was a question for discussion, not a complaint about what my pistol doesn't do. I also didn't pay a "premium", what ever that definition that might be. More than a Taurus?
    Glocks are perfectly serviceable and if anyone thinks they are a "premium" firearm or they are paying a premium to get them, well.... they haven't been around all that many firearms I'm afraid.

I have a bunch of Glocks that work just fine for what they are. A few of them are cruising up on 30-40k rounds and they work just as good as they did when they were new. Sure they are no frills, kind of ugly to look at, and feel like holding onto plastic brick; but they work. I know, as I have a bunch of them.

I also have a 2011 that is north of 40k rounds all still while being 100% how it was from the factory, springs and everything. I also have a 1911 that has been through 2 years of competition and I actually have never taken it apart to clean it. I just keep adding more oil and seeing if it'll keep on going. But those two guns were NOT cheap. As with many things in life, you seem to get what you pay for.

With the Glock, you are paying that money for a really well designed gun that has no frills at all but will work till the end of time. And for that, they deliver.

bbslider001

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2020
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Glocks are perfectly serviceable and if anyone thinks they are a "premium" firearm or they are paying a premium to get them, well.... they haven't been around all that many firearms I'm afraid.

I have a bunch of Glocks that work just fine for what they are. A few of them are cruising up on 30-40k rounds and they work just as good as they did when they were new. Sure they are no frills, kind of ugly to look at, and feel like holding onto plastic brick; but they work. I know, as I have a bunch of them.

I also have a 2011 that is north of 40k rounds all still while being 100% how it was from the factory, springs and everything. I also have a 1911 that has been through 2 years of competition and I actually have never taken it apart to clean it. I just keep adding more oil and seeing if it'll keep on going. But those two guns were NOT cheap. As with many things in life, you seem to get what you pay for.

With the Glock, you are paying that money for a really well designed gun that has no frills at all but will work till the end of time. And for that, they deliver.

Could not agree more. I don't get the pissing match about Glocks, but whatever. My last instructor gave me so much shit over Glock vs. Sig that it got pretty old. Ah well, happy with my choice is all I can say.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

Kinda reminds of the girl in high school who didnt look like a prom queen but performed like a prom queen when it counts :cool:

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    I have a G19,Gen5. Trigger is rough. Tried polish, Ghost connector. The Ghost just made it lighter. Bought new trigger and connector to put it back stock. Made it worse, got real to hard to pull. Took it back to the store. The Glock guy finally took the trigger out of his display gun and put it in my gun. Still Glock trigger but now it works. It is what it is, not my favorite gun. Saving it to trade for something else. The trigger eats my finger so I'm thru. Perfection...................................................................................

impactbumper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 19, 2017
    San Antonio
    Glocks are boring even with a good trigger. I have one with a timney kit feels good; more accurate with less work. A good trigger is a performance boost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Looking for some discussion from any of you who have upgraded your trigger. What did you use and were you happy with it? So far, the consensus I have heard is Timney, APEX, and CMC. What say you? Thanks in advance.
    Loved my Suarez International with NP3 trigger bar and connector so much, I bought another.

I’ve owned 4 Glocks which were 3 different models. All of them had very different triggers ranging from great to terrible.

Top Bottom