Upgraded trigger for Glock--Discussion Please

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 12, 2019
US
I’ll be the weirdo.

My carry gun is a Gen 3 G22 previously owned by the Idaho State Liquor Division.

I swapped the barrel for one in .357 Sig and I love the trigger that it came with, a heavy NY-1 trigger. Feels almost like a double action.

I’ve trained with it and sent thousands of rounds through it and I would trust it with my life.

Last edited:

bbslider001

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mar 8, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
For most of my Glocks that I used for competition, defense, and whatnot, I just put a Ghost connector in them and polished everything up. I have played around with other triggers and honestly none of them really felt THAT much better than just a good polish job and the connector.

Spend whatever you want to spend, but at the end of the day you will still have a Glock trigger. So for me I would rather spend less to have a Glock trigger rather than more.
This makes perfect sense to me. Really appreciate it. It looks like this is the route I'll be taking.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bbslider001

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mar 8, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
The idea of paying a premium for a Glock and having to replace the trigger and the sights to make it serviceable is hilarious.
I never said it wasn't serviceable or that it was lacking in anything. It was a question for discussion, not a complaint about what my pistol doesn't do. I also didn't pay a "premium", what ever that definition that might be. More than a Taurus?

Thanks for the input. I can find usefulness in just about any opinion, no matter how off base it might be.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

DFW_Warrior

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 11, 2022
Arlington, TX
I never said it wasn't serviceable or that it was lacking in anything. It was a question for discussion, not a complaint about what my pistol doesn't do. I also didn't pay a "premium", what ever that definition that might be. More than a Taurus?
Glocks are perfectly serviceable and if anyone thinks they are a "premium" firearm or they are paying a premium to get them, well.... they haven't been around all that many firearms I'm afraid.

I have a bunch of Glocks that work just fine for what they are. A few of them are cruising up on 30-40k rounds and they work just as good as they did when they were new. Sure they are no frills, kind of ugly to look at, and feel like holding onto plastic brick; but they work. I know, as I have a bunch of them.

I also have a 2011 that is north of 40k rounds all still while being 100% how it was from the factory, springs and everything. I also have a 1911 that has been through 2 years of competition and I actually have never taken it apart to clean it. I just keep adding more oil and seeing if it'll keep on going. But those two guns were NOT cheap. As with many things in life, you seem to get what you pay for.

With the Glock, you are paying that money for a really well designed gun that has no frills at all but will work till the end of time. And for that, they deliver.

bbslider001

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mar 8, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
Glocks are perfectly serviceable and if anyone thinks they are a "premium" firearm or they are paying a premium to get them, well.... they haven't been around all that many firearms I'm afraid.

I have a bunch of Glocks that work just fine for what they are. A few of them are cruising up on 30-40k rounds and they work just as good as they did when they were new. Sure they are no frills, kind of ugly to look at, and feel like holding onto plastic brick; but they work. I know, as I have a bunch of them.

I also have a 2011 that is north of 40k rounds all still while being 100% how it was from the factory, springs and everything. I also have a 1911 that has been through 2 years of competition and I actually have never taken it apart to clean it. I just keep adding more oil and seeing if it'll keep on going. But those two guns were NOT cheap. As with many things in life, you seem to get what you pay for.

With the Glock, you are paying that money for a really well designed gun that has no frills at all but will work till the end of time. And for that, they deliver.

Could not agree more. I don't get the pissing match about Glocks, but whatever. My last instructor gave me so much shit over Glock vs. Sig that it got pretty old. Ah well, happy with my choice is all I can say.

MTA89

CEO of 308
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma

Kinda reminds of the girl in high school who didnt look like a prom queen but performed like a prom queen when it counts :cool:

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 10, 2010
Texas
I have a G19,Gen5. Trigger is rough. Tried polish, Ghost connector. The Ghost just made it lighter. Bought new trigger and connector to put it back stock. Made it worse, got real to hard to pull. Took it back to the store. The Glock guy finally took the trigger out of his display gun and put it in my gun. Still Glock trigger but now it works. It is what it is, not my favorite gun. Saving it to trade for something else. The trigger eats my finger so I'm thru. Perfection...................................................................................

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud
Shroud

Latest posts