• texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    The Arms Room in Dickinson, TX is for SALE

Redswan is pleased to announce the offering of The Arms Room - a 20,212 SF building including a full-service firearms and ammunition sales facility and indoor gun range. The facility is located in Dickinson, Texas, about 20 miles south of downtown Houston. Sale includes building and business.

Please go here for more info. https://www.crexi.com/properties/724599/texas-20212-sf-gun-store-indoor-gun-range-dickinson-tx

I am posting this for the listing agents. I have no affiliation to the group selling. They paid for a monthly ad.
    arms.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    The original owner was a former Army officer and he ran things well. It was a great gun range, although the hired help in the rest of the store was not so great. He died and left it to his daughter. That's when it went downhill, quickly. But that's just my opinion, from having been there many times and either purchasing or trying to purchase something. Looking back, it was mostly trying to purchase something but some dimwit behind the counter thinking he knew more about what I needed than I did caused me to walk out. The last time I was in there was more than 3 years ago and I have no intention of going back.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I haven't been there in years. It used to be a nice place for a first date. But when I was down that way more often, I got to shoot at another range for free. It never seemed bad, but way too clean and bright and like they'd have a lot of overhead.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    The original owner was a former Army officer and he ran things well. It was a great gun range, although the hired help in the rest of the store was not so great. He died and left it to his daughter. That's when it went downhill, quickly. But that's just my opinion, from having been there many times and either purchasing or trying to purchase something. Looking back, it was mostly trying to purchase something but some dimwit behind the counter thinking he knew more about what I needed than I did caused me to walk out. The last time I was in there was more than 3 years ago and I have no intention of going back.
    As a previous vendor to them, I agree.

James Marx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Like others said, it used to be nice under the original owner, but the last 2-3 years they treat everyone like they are doing you a favor when they let you shoot. They close early, and when you complain, they could care less. I used to have a membership, and when the daughter took over, they basically told me my almost 350 points were worthless. The A/C and target controls on all but a few lanes were always out. Just borderline hostile employees just took all the fun out of going there. I had a couple of officers ask me where I shoot because they too were disgusted with the place, I sent them to Shoot Point Blank. When they don't even take care of our men in blue and our Vets, then something is very wrong.

Shoot Point Blank, really good, but a little expensive on lane fees. But it is clean, well lit, and the people are friendly...everything they used to be at the Arms Room, very sad what has happened to it. Hopefully whoever buys it is competent and realizes being friendly, helping the shooters, and maintaining the shooting lanes is the path to the promised land. I hope to see it back to its original standards.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Like others said, it used to be nice under the original owner, but the last 2-3 years they treat everyone like they are doing you a favor when they let you shoot. They close early, and when you complain, they could care less. I used to have a membership, and when the daughter took over, they basically told me my almost 350 points were worthless. The A/C and target controls on all but a few lanes were always out. Just borderline hostile employees just took all the fun out of going there. I had a couple of officers ask me where I shoot because they too were disgusted with the place, I sent them to Shoot Point Blank. When they don't even take care of our men in blue and our Vets, then something is very wrong.

Shoot Point Blank, really good, but a little expensive on lane fees. But it is clean, well lit, and the people are friendly...everything they used to be at the Arms Room, very sad what has happened to it. Hopefully whoever buys it is competent and realizes being friendly, helping the shooters, and maintaining the shooting lanes is the path to the promised land. I hope to see it back to its original standards.
    Welcome to the Forum!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Another welcome to TGT.

Stop over in the Intro Section when you get a chance and say hello to everyone.

jbrig

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    Houston
    I went a few of times a few years back. Then a couple of years ago they jacked up the prices and didn't want to pay the increased fees for not as good service.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom