• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    Is there a mechanism, or someone here with the spare time to do the research to determine what political offices have an unopposed candidate? If we had this list, then anyone here that has political aspirations (or even just pipe dreams) could step up and at least make the attempt. Pickett is the one I'm most frustrated with right now, but no candidate should ever get a "freebie" election.
    Guns International

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The fanatical Democrat Hays County DA ran unopposed last election. Apparently her competition was intimidated out of the race early on. I'd love to see that bitch deposed...

Kenny D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Crosby, Texas
    If we had this list, then anyone here that has political aspirations (or even just pipe dreams) could step up and at least make the attempt.
    And be willing to Sell their children and mortgage the house to afford to. Most of the folks that run unopposed have more money than the rest of the people in their districts.

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    And be willing to Sell their children and mortgage the house to afford to. Most of the folks that run unopposed have more money than the rest of the people in their districts.

That is why you find people with similar ideology to donate to the cause.

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    Is there a mechanism, or someone here with the spare time to do the research to determine what political offices have an unopposed candidate? If we had this list, then anyone here that has political aspirations (or even just pipe dreams) could step up and at least make the attempt. Pickett is the one I'm most frustrated with right now, but no candidate should ever get a "freebie" election.

Agreed, this is a great idea. You will need some help.. let me know how I can.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Doesn't take much of anything to RUN a campaign.

But, it takes a good chunk of money, time, and depending on the office, name recognition within the proper party to WIN a campaign.
    If tbere is an unopposed candidate, it typically means the folks in that jurisdiction are voting for the R or D and that is that.
    The real election for that seat happened in the primary.

If somebody just wants to get their feet wet with politics, take a look at the third parties. They are always looking at peoples to fill their ballots. But be warned, unlike the Rs and Ds, who will float anybody who can put a win in their party's column, you may not get a shot even if.nobody else wants it. At least with the Libertarian Party, they will grill you on your beliefs and political stances and if.they dont like what they hear, they can vote to elect NOTA to fill the ballot (none of the.above). They are kind of serious about principles.

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    The first thing we need is a list of unopposed races in the state. Then we start trolling for potential candidates, and rifling through the records of the politician we're trying to replace. This would be easier if there's someone who has lots of idle time to spend on the computer researching this.

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    Also, let's not be afraid of being an "Independent" Candidate. A lot of people are pissed off at the "Party-line" politics. Independent can actually be an asset.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    If there is an unopposed candidate, it typically means the folks in that jurisdiction are voting for the R or D and that is that.
    The real election for that seat happened in the primary.

Yeah. A lot of 'safe' districts in polly-tics. That's why She-Jack has kept her seat for so long, despite not having the mental capacity to be effectively sentient.

If somebody just wants to get their feet wet with politics, take a look at the third parties. They are always looking at peoples to fill their ballots. But be warned, unlike the Rs and Ds, who will float anybody who can put a win in their party's column, you may not get a shot even if.nobody else wants it. At least with the Libertarian Party, they will grill you on your beliefs and political stances and if.they dont like what they hear, they can vote to elect NOTA to fill the ballot (none of the.above). They are kind of serious about principles.

I thought about that once, but most of the folks I met locally that were in the Libertarian Party were just downright weird. Most want to arrive at Z, forgetting that one needs to begin where we are, at A. If you're going to get into the public realm, you're going to have to convince people that we have to start moving from A, and that we eventually want to arrive at Z.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I'm sure if you stopped by your local county republican office, or jackass office, they'd be able to tell you who ran were when and against who.

Depending on size, I think there are some races the parties just flat out concede due to money.

Politically I believe you're have a better chance bringing my belief structure into power reforming the Republican Party vs going third party. And think that fight belongs in the primaries vs splitting votes in the general.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    The problem with politics these days is party pressure and media pressure. No honest God fearing person can get elected. Between the media and the political parties digging for whatever dirt they can find, a normal person doesn't have a chance.
    Look at Ross Periot. There was a successful business man who wanted to do something for his country. He got crucified in the press and on capital hill. He was not one of the good old boys. I agree he had a lot of radical ideas, but at least he wanted to help. About 15 years ago I was lucky enough to talk with him for a short time. He is arrogant but smart. He also has made a few attempts to rescue Americans held hostage when the government hasn't.

If you remember when Obama care first came on the scene. Several Democratic Senators were on TV expressing why they voted against the bill. A few weeks later they were back on TV saying they now favored the bill. When questioned about his change of attitude one Democrat said he received a call from the National Democratic Committee telling him, if he continuted to oppose the bill he would not receive campaign funding for his next election.
    To me that is BLACK MAIL.

The two political parties groom people years in advance to be their next canidates. They write all of the canidates speeches so only the party's idology gets presented. Obama proved that in West this week. I bet not one word of his sympathy speech was an original idea with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    OLDVET, That's why we start small. State, County, and local offices. You're not going to kill this beast with one epic swipe of a sword to the head. It didn't grow that way. It grew slowly over time, that's how it has to die. It's called the death of a thousand cuts.

Top Bottom