• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squirrel1327

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2024
    Pflugerville
    Can anyone help identify this tripod? And possibly what weapons it supports?

IMG_6945.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6947.jpeg
      IMG_6947.jpeg
      172.9 KB · Views: 60
    • IMG_6949.jpeg
      IMG_6949.jpeg
      199.1 KB · Views: 47
    • IMG_6950.jpeg
      IMG_6950.jpeg
      239.3 KB · Views: 47

tekiwap

Fudds gonna fudd
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    SWOK
    M60 MG pedestal mount I bet. Those are for Heavy MG roles and mounting on boats and jeeps and stuff. The pintle mount looks just like an M60 vehicle mount. Hook in the front and latch on the back. Ammo can hooks under that roll and drops in the little space.

Last edited:

tekiwap

Fudds gonna fudd
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    SWOK
    Pintle is the same, tripod is a dismount folder. His is a welded fixed tripod. I’ll look in some of my old MG manuals an see if they have it in there with a nomenclature

tekiwap

Fudds gonna fudd
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    SWOK
    The pintle/cradle is an M142. We had them when we first got humvees. Still no joy on the actual tripod nomenclature. I'm betting it's a pedestal for a boat or a jeep.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    This is a whole lot of shit to digest for a new to the whole machine gun buying process. I hah lunch with an old friend today he mentioned that another mutual friend is buying. With cash on hand and interested in a second .50 to do a twin mount. They just got back from OFAST over the weekend.

Squirrel1327

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2024
    Pflugerville
    This is a whole lot of shit to digest for a new to the whole machine gun buying process. I hah lunch with an old friend today he mentioned that another mutual friend is buying. With cash on hand and interested in a second .50 to do a twin mount. They just got back from OFAST over the weekend.

Still trying to wrap my head around all this. I have other stuff as well. Will try to post more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    How much help is the lawyer in this? Know a little bit about owning NFA. Feel free to pm me is you like. I'll help you as much as I can or turn you onto those more knowlagable them myself.

Squirrel1327

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2024
    Pflugerville
    How much help is the lawyer in this? Know a little bit about owning NFA. Feel free to pm me is you like. I'll help you as much as I can or turn you onto those more knowlagable them myself.
    Lawyer is good I feel. We are getting the change of address to another state done first. Since we have to move them across state lines. Then we will move to transfers “form 5”, to a trust hopefully. Just slow. About 4 weeks on change of address at his point. At least on the one we did first. Still have 12 pending. lol.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yep after you have them if you want to say go out to Arizona for the Big Sandy shoot each you have to get each gun traveling papers. The M60 is IMHO one I would hang onto as the readily go up in value. M-16 and H&K's are some other that are great investments. My H&K MP5K has proven to be the best of the NFA . One you have them in state you can transfer them in state fairly easy. Out of state the need to got someone who has a SOT who can the transfer them. There are a couple of big dealers that will come to you if your selling
    Ruben Mendiola would be my first choice if I was selling.

So are you going to have to rent a truck to fetch up a horde of ammo?

Top Bottom